1967 Evinrude gear shift

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowlight

Reaction score
Does the gear shift on this motor appear to be missing or broken?
If so, how expensive is it to replace?
I was considering buying this motor. Any guesses on the value?IMG_0067.jpg

Thats a nice motor, you should be able to fix that without much problem. They sell for $200-$400 dollars depending on condition here in ohio. I've got one just like it.

Attachments

• e6hpshift.jpg
    e6hpshift.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 652
Top Cat said:
Thats a nice motor, you should be able to fix that without much problem. They sell for $200-$400 dollars depending on condition here in ohio. I've got one just like it.

Thanks for the feedback....I waiting to see what the inside of the case looks like. Is there something else I can have checked before I commit? The seller said he started it up in his garage and it fired right up. Problem is he's almost 3 hours away and can't verify.

The motor looks pretty clean and comes with a $300 almost new trailer and homemade wooden hull.
What do you guys think? Is this worth $400?

lowlight said:
Top Cat said:

Thanks for the feedback....I waiting to see what the inside of the case looks like. Is there something else I can have checked before I commit? The seller said he started it up in his garage and it fired right up. Problem is he's almost 3 hours away and can't verify.

The motor looks pretty clean and comes with a $300 almost new trailer and homemade wooden hull.
What do you guys think? Is this worth $400?

Attachments

• IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 641
same thing happened to my friends shifter, if you have a vo tech or community college close by with a small foundry you can take what's left of yours to them and they can cast you a new one, that's what he did and it was free.

Latest posts