1967 Evinrude Lightwin 3hp Model #3706C

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pappy said:
And a Grumman Sport Boat, circa 1955. Engine that day was a 1967 Evinrude 3hp. Arbuckle Creek which is just outside of Sebring. Fla. this creek is extremaly shallow so boat traffic is very limited..........nice!

IMG_2722.jpg

IMG_2727.jpg

IMG_2720.jpg

IMG_2715.jpg

That is just sweet ! An old friend had what he called a "Snipe." Very similar. I coveted that boat.

On the motor, just not that much to go wrong. Check back with your uncle, or go to the shop. A few $ in the early days of fixing a motor allow for a looong time of peace of mind.

Best wishes.

Working on the carb today. When we cleaned the shut off valve originally, I think we may have dislodged a small piece of trash that we didn't get out which in turn got in the carb. Hopefully that is all. I will update once she breathes again.

Cleaned the carb and points. Motor runs like a dream. I am looking for a new fuel line cutoff valve pin though, as the old one has a small fuel leak. Any suggestions?

Hey Guys,
How long is the shaft on those little Evinrude 3hp motors, long shaft or short shaft? I might be in the market for one, exact measurement would be ideal from someone who has one.
Thanks
Tim

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=268593#p268593 said:
Pappy » 15 Jun 2012, 19:08[/url]"]So what's stopping you.....I had 7 of them at one point! A man needs at least two in my book.

Well, Pappy...I blame you. :)

Yesterday I drove 80 miles to pick up a 1954 Evinrude 3hp, running, new impleller, just "because 'a man needs two in my book.'" <---your quote) :?

I've sold the 12' boat last year, and got a 12'9" Golden Hawk, Y-stern canoe (think double ender with a balcony at the top of the stern), 65 lbs, 750 lbs capacity, and tubby...38" wide.

It's like the 3hp engines were made for this craft.

AND...darn it...there's a guy offering a Johnson 3hp, used as a kicker, but he's about 110 miles away.

And yes, I only have the one boat for the motors...but... they are just perfect for what they are. Nothing new compares.

I blame you, OMC, and the various division chiefs of Evinrude and Johnson.

https://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj297/Kismethimself/Boats/woodstockcanoerightsideinpec-2.jpg

Latest posts