1970 Tempco 12' Jon boat in progress

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutt22Ky

Reaction score
Here is my first boat... $100 and it came with 2 seats a tiny trolling motor and the truck hauling rack. I havent modified it too much as of yet but I have plans for it. Have painted with the Rustoleum Camo spray paint and built some pvc rod holders that I have rivoted to the bench seats. Ill try and update this as I go! Thanks for looking.!

Attachments

• Boat 001.jpg
    Boat 001.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,859
  • Boat 004.jpg
    Boat 004.jpg
    981.7 KB · Views: 1,859
  • Boat 005.jpg
    Boat 005.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,859
  • Boat 007.jpg
    Boat 007.jpg
  • Boat 008.jpg
    Boat 008.jpg
    1,005.4 KB · Views: 1,859
  • Boat 012.jpg
    Boat 012.jpg
  • Boat 013.jpg
    Boat 013.jpg
  • Boat 014.jpg
    Boat 014.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,859
  • Boat 015.jpg
    Boat 015.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,859
  • Boat 016.jpg
    Boat 016.jpg
    969.3 KB · Views: 1,859
Idk..... Does a Black and Decker 10 speed juicer blender count as a trolling motor? Haha. I'll look at it tomorrow and have some more pictures to post in the evening.

PBR here is a few pictures of the old trolling motor I have....

Attachments

• trolling.jpg
    trolling.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,748
  • prop.jpg
    prop.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,748
Here is a few more pictures of the boat and some work I've done on it and the trailer. I had to replace the old bunks that the trailer had because father time and mother nature were not too kind on them. Replaced them with some treated 2x4's and used some pool noodles I had and attached them to it for padding instead of carpet.

I made some fishing rod holders out of pipe clamps and PVC pipe. I rivoted them to the bench seat and they work really well. Surprise myself sometimes.

Attachments

• rod holder.jpg
    rod holder.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,748
  • back rod holder.jpg
    back rod holder.jpg
    993.8 KB · Views: 1,748
  • trailer.jpg
    trailer.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,748
Here is the boat in all its small glory! :D

Attachments

• rig.jpg
    rig.jpg
    991.4 KB · Views: 1,748
She has been in the water several times already this summer. May have to wait on all other projects this winter when I dont have anything else to do. (Oh wait I deer hunt my *** off hummmmm......) Anyways I'm still battling the leaks around the rivots on the bottom of her. Have tried a few things with some results but still not bone dry yet. I want to try that infomercial stuff where that guy supposedly sprays a screen door in the bottom of the boat. Idk if it will work but it may help to seal up these leaky rivots!

Ya my boat leaks pretty good! For now I just use the bilge pump Untill I figure out how I'm going to seal all the leaks. I'm tempted to try that infomercial stuff to! Either that or rhino line the bottom of the boat?

Has anyone used the Attwood Lift and Lock Anchor Control they sell at Wally World (aka Walmart)? Or does eveyone pretty much just store away all anchors until they may be needed?

I hope the photo loads. Is this what your asking about. It stays on the front deck held in place by a 1/4" bolt and wing nut. When deployed it hangs off the front of the boat. It can be controlled from the rear of the boat. Hope this helps......
...River

Attachments

• S5008528.JPG
    S5008528.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,626
River.... That appears to be the one. Looks as if you have painted yours though, but the set up is pretty much what I am thinking of rigging up on mine. Thanks for the picture!

Finally was able to get the garage cleaned out enough to start putting some more time in on fixing up the ole' boat. Have a question for anyone who wants to give me there opinion.....

I am thinking of carpeting the benches on the boat and maybe a small half front platform.... Question is, how much of a gap do you leave on the plywood or other material so that the carpet can wrap around the edges nicely? Any advice would be great. Thanks people. Hopefully I can get some serious time in soon and update some more pictures.

IMG_2022.jpgIMG_2021.jpgGoing on a trip tomorrow a ways out of town with the boat. Needed to set up the lights so we could be on the water early and legal! Heres what we got going on! And I installed the some cup holders! Ready to be on the water! FISH ON!!IMG_2018.jpgView attachment 2

I had the same problem with leaky rivets on my 14' flat bottom. Once I put the boat up on the old sawhorses, I put the drain plug in the boat, filled the bottom of the boat with water from my garden hose until the water was about 2 inches deep inside the boat, crawled down underneath the boat, and looked for all the spots that the water was dripping down from, and marked them with a pencil. I then went to my local Menards, and found a sealant called J B WELD. It cost me about 8 bucks. AND ITS AWESOME. it comes in two little toothpaste like tubes. All you do is pour some out from each tube, mix the two sealants together, and then apply the new liquid bond to all the leaky areas on the boat, and then let dry for a few hours. once it dries, its a rock solid seal equivalent to a metal weld. and then you can sand down the excess amounts of the newly hardened surface with any sander really. i used a revolving sander on mine. But my point is, I sealed every single one of my leaks on the bottom of my boat with that stuff well over 3 years ago, and have never had another drop of water inside my boat since.

Thanks for the tip Trophy! I had more water than I wanted in the boat yesterday out on the lake. I need to find a solution or install a bilge pump. (Or maybe both! :D ) Water is still way too warm to get any really good fish biting these days! I did happen to land this big guy by pure chance off of a Rooster Tail. Super random for him to be as close to top water as he was. Oh well a fish is a fish.

Also learned the hard way to check your battery before you embark out on the lake. Hey did you all know that boat batteries are not cheap at the launch dock Marina?!?!? Wow! $117 later i now have a bigger better battery for my trolling motor. Guess Ill run my other electronics eventually off my other smaller one. Anyways enough ranting. Till later on people. FISH ON!

Fish.jpg

Been working on some electrical stuff here lately... made this switch plate to mount to the back seat and hide the wires under the bench.Switch.jpg

trophybass13 said:
filled the bottom of the boat with water from my garden hose until the water was about 2 inches deep inside the boat, crawled down underneath the boat, and looked for all the spots that the water was dripping down from, and marked them with a pencil. Apply J B WELD.

X2! Same done here and no issues.

Thanks again for the tip guys.... quick question tho when applying your JB weld. Did you have everything sanded away down to bare aluminum boat and rivot before you apllied or did you you just scruff away the paint mostly and then apply??