1974 Mirrocraft 14 V-hull

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bolt has a washer on top of the seat bracket and goes through the seat bracket, 1/2" plywood and the 1/8" aluminum angle in the photo below, with a washer and nylon locknut on the end.

The plywood decking is attached to the angle aluminum with stainless sheetmetal screws in various places as well to tie things together.

pedestalmountMedium.jpg

I think the pics below say it all... Icebox with a bilge pump inside to circulate/airate the water.

Frame:
frame.jpg

And Livewell Mounted:
Works like a charm... had some residents swimming around for a few hours last weekend.
cooler.jpg

did you add the floor? do you have any more pictures? I'm not going to be able to do any fishing this weekend so I thought I would spend the weekend putting a floor in mine.

kgrantsc,
Plan on starting the framing on the floor in my mirrocraft this weekend as well. Posted a question in my thread about what to use for a level line, but have gotten no replies. If you get it going, please post pics. If I happen to get an answer to my question and get mine in, I'll do the same. Have a great weekend!!

Hi,

I have a 1974 14' MirroCraft as well and the metal plate that lists the seating/load capacity and engine capacity is unreadable. I think there are 3 versions of 14' boats made by Mirrocraft in 1974, and I am not sure which one mine is exactly. It looks alot like yours except the transom is straight across, it does not dip in the middle like yours.

Would you know how I can find the exact specifications for my boat and where I can order another plate?

Also, how did the final project turn out for you? Any pictures of the final result?

Nick

Hey kjo, i have a 1970's mirrocraft that i'm just looking to do some maintenance on. I removed my 3 bench seats and see rotted wood just like you show in your photos. I'm wondering, how did you dismantle those seats, ie, remove the foam and front and back steel plates? That foam seems to be very adhesive. I see you just got rid of the insulation and vertical steel, but I'm hoping to take it apart, replace the 3 rotted wood strips in each bench seat, and put everything back as original. Thanks.