1975 Lund S14 Rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanB

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have enjoyed all the free advice and ideas. I am finally beginning my Lund conversion. I bought the boat a few years ago for this very reason, but have not gotten to the meat yet. I am looking forward to any and all advice/counsel I can get. The rig is pretty solid but needed a lot of work. The existing floor was rotted, water logged, and poorly designed. I basically purchased it for the bones and the 25HP Johnson tiller that it came with.

I've posted some pics of the boat as it was when I purchased it, and as it is now. I have it cleaned up, partially painted, the trailer fixed up, and the primary floor framed.

I have a good idea on the design of the boat up to the front seat. Since I do not plan on adding a bow trolling motor, any front deck would be simply for storage. I've seen the feedback here on the center of gravity issues, and have experienced smaller boats like this with a casting deck and was not completely comfortable standing up in any kind of chop. This boat is a bit deeper than what I have experienced, so if anyone has experience with this particular model (or similar) and a front deck, I would appreciate feedback.

Thanks for any input.

Sean

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    662.2 KB · Views: 1,090
  • Motor1.jpg
    Motor1.jpg
    570.9 KB · Views: 1,090
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    697.5 KB · Views: 1,090
  • interio before.jpg
    interio before.jpg
    644.4 KB · Views: 1,092
  • DSC_0693.JPG
    DSC_0693.JPG
    699.5 KB · Views: 1,090
  • DSC_0694.JPG
    DSC_0694.JPG
    629.5 KB · Views: 1,091
Sean,
Nice boat. I have a 16' lund that I think has similar hull design. I have a deck in the front with storage that I built when I got the boat 13 years ago. The boat is pretty stable but it would be nice if the deck was a bit lower. I have started a resto/mod and am considering lowering the front deck to make it more useable. I will be watching your builds progress.

Alright, its been a long winter here in MN. Even with a small garage heater I could not work on the boat much, but with recent temperatures I was able to get a bit done in the past couple weeks. I guess the winter was good for getting everything delivered and not spending too much at once. Anyway, I got the livewell installed along with the plumbing. After deciding to go ahead with the front deck I have the framing done. Question for anyone, would the one part poly that I painted the inside of the hull with be sufficient for the under deck plywood, or should I use a saturating epoxy before sealing it up?

Sean

Attachments

• livewell.jpg
    livewell.jpg
    919.4 KB · Views: 770
  • front deck.JPG
    front deck.JPG
    392.1 KB · Views: 771
  • open.jpg
    open.jpg
    978.7 KB · Views: 770

Latest posts