1977 Lowe Line 1636 Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been awhile since last post and update, so I figured I better share a few updates before Capt Ahab resurrects this thread off the "oldies" list. Spring sent out a teaser last weekend so I put a fresh coat on the interior before I tackle the decking. Still need to finish up the trim on the rail and add the new lettering and decals to the exterior. Just waiting on the temps to get back in the 30's so the garage isn't so cold. I hear flam-able heaters don't play nice with paint fumes. :|

IMG_1349.JPG
IMG_1355.JPG

Thanks Terp! Love that sprayer from HF and the Parker's. Just bought a bunch of goods online... Electrical stuff. Wire, circuits, receptacles, and connectors. Need to install front deck and my new bow mount. Trying to get some crappie fishing done in a couple weeks.

Sounds like a plan. I'm hoping to get out next weekend to do some bass fishing. Suppose to finally get up in the 50's over the weekend and into next week. Hopefully it holds out for next weekend so I can get out. Haven't had mine out since the end of duck season which was the last weekend in January.

Let me know if you get confused/stuck with your wiring. I was at a loss when i started mine, but got some great guidance on here. It all makes sense to me now (mostly).

Got a few goodies in the mail, so I started my wiring diagram. Based on everything I read from various posts and stickies in Electrical, I'm mounting a 60 amp circuit about 7" away from battery and running 6 AWG Marine wire (Tinned Copper) 16 feet to bow. I'm going to install a plug/receptacle for easy removal. While I'm waiting on a few more supplies, I'm going to start tackling a few structural items (framing, etc...).

1636_diagram_a.jpg
Img_1362.jpg

Its like Christmas in March, again! I received some goodies from my new friends at BassBoatSeats.com (sponsor) and a new Jim Black hatch from Great Lakes Skipper. All bargins and free shipping. Cant wait to start installing all these items over the next few days and nights...

Jim Black 13 x 20 hatch
Img_1369.jpg
Img_1366.jpg
Pedestals and plates
IMG_1372.JPG
Boat Seats and you can see the corner of a boat carpet roll (Sahara tan).
Img_1371.jpg

Still need to paint the gunwales and start decking... whew i have a long way to go! Well see how far i get before my 3/21 trip.

Made some progress the past few days! I never thought I'd say this but I should have taken Ahabs advice... Don't paint it; it's a tin. I tried to be fancy a put some special sand/copper spray enamel on the gunwales and it's been a disaster. Copper glitter all over the garage, and no one told me they juice those spray cans with additives with like 4xs the flow. I'll send pics later after I am relieved of the fumes cuz I'm high! :lol:

Finished painting the boat and moved onto the aluminum framing for the casting deck and bow mount TM. It's going slower than expected and there's no way I'll be done for our trip. Slow an steady wins the race I've heard many a time here. So I'm not going to rush and make sure it's right.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=345258#p345258 said:
panFried » Yesterday, 10:46 pm[/url]"] Slow an steady wins the race I've heard many a time here. So I'm not going to rush and make sure it's right.

I agree with this 100%. Don't rush things and make a stupid mistake that you'll regret later. I have 10+ man hours in just getting my floor cut to size and fitted. That doesn't include floor supports, seat install, etc. Even though I missed pretty much all of last years fishing time because I spent it working on my boat, I'm more than happy with how things turned out.

Heres where Im at... no way I could be done by Thurday afternoon... WTH was I thinking! :shock:

Img_1377.jpg
Img_1376.jpg

NOTE : Picture quality sux, sorry.

Not sure if you can see the copper flake real well in these pics. Weather was cr@ppy, otherwise I'd take the boat out in the sun to capture the full affect. Garage floor looks just as shiney! The paint is a textured (sand finish) enamel with copper flake.

Img_1375.jpg
Img_1373.jpg

Well, I'm down on the lake for the first time this year and tried the outboard. Merc took a little sweet talking and multiple pulls on the chord before it finally fired and stayed running. After a good 5 min idle, she ran pretty well today. Only one hiccup during a period of full throttle, but after a few blub squeezes she ran fine. I'm guessing a turd in last years gas or carb.

abu4e3e7.jpg

Gonna try and grab some sea foam for Saturday/Sunday and work it in. Good times! Really want a new 4 stroke but just not in budget.

Well I finally got some new decals for my tin and thought I would apply them during lunch break. I was really pleased about the online design tool, ordering and shipping, especially the easy of application. https://www.diylettering.com
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433519775.014521.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433519751.749515.jpg
And how can I forget the most important...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433519946.107149.jpg