1981 Delhi 14ft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inman59

Reaction score
Hey Guys I just picked up a 1981 Delhi 1436 Jon Boat w/ trailer and a 1985 15hp Johnson that runs strong with all paper work and titles for $400 cash.. what a steal!!!

Boat needs some minor work but its getting modded any way right???

I took the boat to the lake yesterday and everything went good besides the motor needing a new water pump...

DVC00103.jpg

DVC00106.jpg

DVC00104.jpg

Cool, sounds like a good deal! And welcome! Post up some pics.....we all love pics!! :mrgreen:

ST

I started decking today.... I get pics tomarra.. it got dark pretty quick... i did a light wieght front deck w/ 5/8 plywood and i going to do the floors the same way...

Looking good! Suggestion....I think I'd add a couple more supports as close to the sides of the hull as I could get. You'll be standing on it & need the additional support.

ST

i didnt attach the wood yet... im going to use 2 in self tapping screws... but i got to seal, paint, and carpet the wood...

Another suggestion. I would add cross brace in between runners to attach my pedestal seat base. On mine, the base has six holes to connect to your floor and if you add that support you will have something other than just 5/8" plywood.
Just a suggestion.

new pics... the carpet......

DSC00306.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

DSC00305.jpg

Her she is all ready to go.....

On the trailer...
DSC00316.jpg

Un strappin...
DSC00317.jpg

Paddling out...
DSC00321.jpg