1983 70 HP Evinrude

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnT

Reaction score
I have this 70 hp on Lowe 170 , It does not have tilt and trim , I've been kicking around the idea of putting either a jack plate , on my boat or add a CMC tilt and trim . What is the good and bad of each one . Is one better than the other if so why ? I 'm just asking too see if anybody could shade some light on this .

So would it be better , to find a factory TNT then add a jack plate or do you really don't get a lot of bang for your buck ,when using a jack plate . I see there is a few guys running them in Florida on the skinney water .

Most folks don't really utilize the capabilities of a jack plate properly. You can always add one later. Are they capable of adding performance to a rig - you bet!
The TNT unit will add a bunch of performance over a fixed trim model. Will be your best investment for the least amount of money. Make sure you get the wiring harnesses that go with the unit.

Most folks don't really utilize the capabilities of a jack plate properly. You can always add one later. Are they capable of adding performance to a rig - you bet!
The TNT unit will add a bunch of performance over a fixed trim model. Will be your best investment for the least amount of money. Make sure you get the wiring harnesses that go with the unit.

JohnT said:
So would it be better , to find a factory TNT then add a jack plate or do you really don't get a lot of bang for your buck ,when using a jack plate . I see there is a few guys running them in Florida on the skinney water .

I would go with trim and tilt and see where that goes from there, you can always scoot your motor up a pin on the Mounting holes! I'm running a SeaPro 19' inshore offshore with a 115hp mercury and I can get in pretty skinny water for the size of my big boat, I have the motor pinned up one on the mount over factory so the foot's top groove is dead In line with the bottom of the hull. I'm running 50-55 depending on if I want to take a few people with me or not.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343116794.644167.jpg

I have found a CMC TNT unit that was used , for a fair price and I also found a factory TNT unit for just a little less , if I went to the CMC unit could I still use a jack plate with it ? or will it put the motor to far back ? From my understanding the CMC unit put the motor back about 4 to 6 inches .