1985 bass tracker tournament TX...17'....complete rebuild.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good man! I sure wish i would have come across that brand adhesive remover when i stripped mine. Can you please do me a huge favor. Can you measure the distance between your hull and the inner section of the fender on your trailer at its closest point? I tried something different on the back side of my fenders as opposed to the thin plywood covered in carpet, and im worried i am going to have clearance issues. Memory serves, before i took my tracker off of the trailer it sat VERY close to the fenders, but i cant remember. I have tried refrencing pictures that i took before i started my project and it almost looks like the boat is touching the backs of the fenders right at the top, but i cant tell. I am posting pictures this morning of my trailer resto so please check them out. Boat looks great man!

Kingbryce said:
Looking good man! I sure wish i would have come across that brand adhesive remover when i stripped mine. Can you please do me a huge favor. Can you measure the distance between your hull and the inner section of the fender on your trailer at its closest point? I tried something different on the back side of my fenders as opposed to the thin plywood covered in carpet, and im worried i am going to have clearance issues. Memory serves, before i took my tracker off of the trailer it sat VERY close to the fenders, but i cant remember. I have tried refrencing pictures that i took before i started my project and it almost looks like the boat is touching the backs of the fenders right at the top, but i cant tell. I am posting pictures this morning of my trailer resto so please check them out. Boat looks great man!
I'm at work right now but I will check when I get home. I believe it is very tight. If I remember correct the boat is pretty much touching both sides.

Man..... i was afraid you were going to tell me that. If you could please try to take a pic for me so i can see how much of the fender touches. I dont want my paint to get destroyed there where it touches. I removed the side bunks from my trailer because the dang things did a number on the sides of my hul over the years. Rekkin im going to have to modify the tops of my fenders :roll: i personally find these tracker trailers to be a bad design. The boat sits too low, and the fenders stick up too high. We always had trouble trailering the dang thing on anything less then a perfect boat ramp, on a glass surface scenario. Always wanted to jam up in the fenders if you didnt go on just perfect. Thanks for your help man.

Kingbryce said:
Also, these motors seem to be a problem elecrticqlly sometimes. My motor is super low hours and pretty much looks brand new under the cowel, and i still had a couple of wires that dusted when i took off the carburators. Also just buy a quicksilver rebuild kit and rebuild the carbs. Its ez and its all new.
Where did you purchase the carb Kits from?

Off of amazon. I searched the part number for the quicksilver rebuild kit. If you have the 50 horse brown stripe with the walbro carbs the part number is 1395-9023. I have the original repair and parts manuals for this motor. If you ever need a part number let me know and i will look it up for you.

Bowlershop said:
Where did you purchase the carb Kits from?

You can also get them from www.boats.net and use a serial # lookup to make sure you're getting the right kit.

Beautiful work thus-far. Bookmarking this for when the time comes to remove my own stickers!

Kingbryce said:
Off of amazon. I searched the part number for the quicksilver rebuild kit. If you have the 50 horse brown stripe with the walbro carbs the part number is 1395-9023. I have the original repair and parts manuals for this motor. If you ever need a part number let me know and i will look it up for you.
Thanks a lot . I will get that pic for you today if you still need it. I was at work till 11 pm and had to be back this morning at 7am so I went to bed right when I got home. My motor is the brown stripe.

Yeah cool man. The picture would help me for sure. I feel you on the work thing. Im a pdr tech at a bmw dealership, and we are spring time out of control right now. Got home at 930, walked out in the garage, crimped on 2 electrical connectors and went right back inside....... back up at 5:00 #-o couldnt find the want to last night.

Kingbryce said:
Man..... i was afraid you were going to tell me that. If you could please try to take a pic for me so i can see how much of the fender touches. I dont want my paint to get destroyed there where it touches. I removed the side bunks from my trailer because the dang things did a number on the sides of my hul over the years. Rekkin im going to have to modify the tops of my fenders :roll: i personally find these tracker trailers to be a bad design. The boat sits too low, and the fenders stick up too high. We always had trouble trailering the dang thing on anything less then a perfect boat ramp, on a glass surface scenario. Always wanted to jam up in the fenders if you didnt go on just perfect. Thanks for your help man.
Here's the pics, absolutely no gap on either side. Let me know if this was the pics you were looking for.

Attachments

• IMG_0120.JPG
    IMG_0120.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 1,956
  • IMG_0121.JPG
    IMG_0121.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,956
Yeah man those pics are good. I really appreciate it. Well crap, i never should have let it come down to this. Im not sure what to do. Pretty sure my paint will get roached pretty quick setting up against the fender like that. Guess ima have to cut them off and space them out.... dont really see any other option at this point. Aarrrg i should have caught that before i took the boat off of the trailer.... on a positive note..... i like the traction mat on top of your fenders. Super cool. Where did you get those?

Kingbryce said:
Yeah man those pics are good. I really appreciate it. Well crap, i never should have let it come down to this. Im not sure what to do. Pretty sure my paint will get roached pretty quick setting up against the fender like that. Guess ima have to cut them off and space them out.... dont really see any other option at this point. Aarrrg i should have caught that before i took the boat off of the trailer.... on a positive note..... i like the traction mat on top of your fenders. Super cool. Where did you get those?
Farm and Fleet, thanks.

I cant figure out how to pm you. I dont want to clutter your build with my wants and needs so im switching my clearance issue to my build thread. Is there any way you could get me a some what accurate measurement of how much i would need to raise my tracker up on the trailer in order to clear the tops of the fenders. Not the whole hull, but enough to where i have a little room on both sides between the hull and the fenders. My trailer is 45 mins. from my house at my in-laws so its tuff for me to try and figure this out by driving out there with a tape measure and a prayer. I refrenced some pictures that i have of my boat before i tore it down, and it sits on the trailer just like yours. Thanks for your help man.

Almost time to get that vinyl put on! Crossing my fingers, it can be difficult putting pieces this big over rivets. Well at least difficult for me.

Attachments

• IMG_0135.JPG
    IMG_0135.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,922
Yes!!!! They went on nicely, only a few minor blemishes that will never be noticed.

Attachments

• IMG_0137.JPG
    IMG_0137.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,917
  • IMG_0138.JPG
    IMG_0138.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 1,917
Vinyl over rivets - now there's some talent! Beautifully done. What was that source for the custom decals again?

Latest posts