1985 bass tracker tournament TX...17'....complete rebuild.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bowler - nice and clean !!

after the decals have had some time to acclimate,
gently heat the rivet area with a hair dryer or heat gun
and gently smooth the vinyl down around the rivet for
good adhesion. If you don't do this, it is only a matter
of time before the age factor kicks in allowing air to get
under the vinyl. then it cracks will look shoddy.......
as Dale says: do it right - do it once.

a step-by-step from SignIndustry.com https://www.signindustry.com/installation/articles/2005-02-01-JL-VinylOverRivets.php3

Johnny said:
Bowler - nice and clean !!

after the decals have had some time to acclimate,
gently heat the rivet area with a hair dryer or heat gun
and gently smooth the vinyl down around the rivet for
good adhesion. If you don't do this, it is only a matter
of time before the age factor kicks in allowing air to get
under the vinyl. then it cracks will look shoddy.......
as Dale says: do it right - do it once.

a step-by-step from SignIndustry.com https://www.signindustry.com/installation/articles/2005-02-01-JL-VinylOverRivets.php3

Yep, you are right! Heat gun has been my best friend with the decal application.

Bowler how goes it? Made any progress? Have you had any luck finding a cover that will fit these boats, without it looking like a parachute? If you havent, go check out my new pics with my interior coming together.

Kingbryce said:
Bowler how goes it? Made any progress? Have you had any luck finding a cover that will fit these boats, without it looking like a parachute? If you havent, go check out my new pics with my interior coming together.
I just checked out your build, it's coming together very nicely. They do have a cover that fits my 15ft. Tracker like a glove so I'm hoping the 17ft cover sold by the same company fits just as good. I do not remember the brand name off hand but they sell at my local farm and fleet. I'll look into it. I haven't made much progress on mine lately due to the great crappie bite. I've been fishing on my free hours. In the next couple weeks I'll get back on the project.

Bowlershop said:
I had some decals custom made for this boat, they came in the mail today!!!

Great build. Just curious, did you have the Tournament TX added to the stickers? I went to the website and they don't show that set.

MobetaDave said:
Bowlershop said:
I had some decals custom made for this boat, they came in the mail today!!!

Great build. Just curious, did you have the Tournament TX added to the stickers? I went to the website and they don't show that set.
I emailed them and asked if they could customize them for me. I told them what I wanted then they sent me a pic to make sure it was what. I wanted. No extra charge.

Picked up my next build last night. I know, I know I still need to finish the other one first.

Attachments

• IMG_0317.JPG
    IMG_0317.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 2,880
  • IMG_0315.JPG
    IMG_0315.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 2,880
  • IMG_0316.JPG
    IMG_0316.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 2,880
  • IMG_0301.JPG
    IMG_0301.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 2,880
Glutton for punishment. Or just enjoying a great hobby LOL. This one doesn't look to be in too bad of shape. But the motor set up is really odd looking. I've not seen one like that before. Looking forward to your renovation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gatorglenn said:
Glutton for punishment. Or just enjoying a great hobby LOL. This one doesn't look to be in too bad of shape. But the motor set up is really odd looking. I've not seen one like that before. Looking forward to your renovation.

Cleaning the things up gets addicting for sure!!!lol...... what did you notice that was odd about the motor setup? Everything is the same as it originally came from what I understand.

Those 4 cables or hoses going from the center of the splash well over the transom. I think it mite be for a cmc trim and tilt. Ju st never seen that setup with the little box in the splash well.

gatorglenn said:
Those 4 cables or hoses going from the center of the splash well over the transom. I think it mite be for a cmc trim and tilt. Ju st never seen that setup with the little box in the splash well.

Oh ok. Yeah it's for the factory trim tilt. The boat came with the original manuals at it shows that on there. It's not cmc though I have that on my other boat. Maybe there was more than one option?

Started doing some wiring.... still wait for my 2 part floatation foam to arrive. It's a mess right now but I'll have it all tidy when I get further.

Attachments

• IMG_0347.JPG
    IMG_0347.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 2,809
Ho ok, some how I thought you got into warp speed lol looks awesome super job on the transom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 part floatatio came so time to start working on that.

Attachments

• IMG_0362.JPG
    IMG_0362.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 2,749
  • IMG_0358.JPG
    IMG_0358.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 2,749
  • IMG_0361.JPG
    IMG_0361.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 2,749

Latest posts