1989 FLATSTRACKER 17tx to center console flats boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fool4fish1226 said:
Turned out real good - nice clean lines =D>
thank you very much!

we are going to add a 1/4" black pin stripe on the bottom to kind of match the top where the black rub rail will seperate the yellow from the white.
if the interior turns out half as good as this does i know we will be thrilled. i cant wait to start putting the decks fabbed and installed and getting the motor back on it. the motor had exterior of the motor had not had any real attention in a few years and the motor cover is shot but we took some compound to the midsection this weekend and in no time it looked like new! so hoping to get on that project this week and maybe get the top motor cover repainted if debby can back off some of this rain!

Well thanks to all the rain the paint is still curing!! we did get it out of the garage last nigth and into the sun so hopefully that will help!! hopefully tonight im going to do some little stuff to the trailer and work on finishing the console. maybe if mother nature cooperates with us this weekend we will get her rite sided and and sitting on her new bunk rails.

well finally made some forward progress today/nigtht. removed all the stuff from the front of the trailer and cleaned it all up and re painted and galvanized the parts. hopefully i will get the new lights installed tomorrow and the new bunks and all parts greased and reinstalled on the tongue.

Attachments

• IMG_7400s.jpg
    IMG_7400s.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 1,133
  • IMG_7399s.jpg
    IMG_7399s.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 1,133
  • IMG_7398s.jpg
    IMG_7398s.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 1,133
  • IMG_7396s.jpg
    IMG_7396s.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 1,133
  • IMG_7395s.jpg
    IMG_7395s.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 1,133
well i managed to get new wires installed for the lights and got the rewored tongue, jack and winch re installed.

Attachments

• IMG_7402s.jpg
    IMG_7402s.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 1,124
well been a few days and work has slowed up the progress some but mostly been waiting on the paint to be well cured before righting the boat. but have made some good progress over the past few days. leafs were removed, cleaned up repainted and reinstalled with new hardware. replaced the old ubolts and reinstalled the axle. replaced the old bottom and side bunks. spent all day today working on the front deck and should have it wrapped up tomorrow i hope. got the wiring installed througout the boat. got the floor installed in the bow where we wanted it. installed the fuel cell and battery box. installed the anchor box and got the framework installed and very rigid to hold the deck. tomorrow we will get the live well plumbed and deck ready to be installed with the hatches.

Attachments

• IMG_7420s.jpg
    IMG_7420s.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 1,081
  • IMG_7418s.jpg
    IMG_7418s.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 1,081
scsdiver,

where near edgewater do you fish? I live in port orange and looking for some fishing grounds.

Ill be following this boat build close! looking great so far!

fish2keel said:
scsdiver,

where near edgewater do you fish? I live in port orange and looking for some fishing grounds.

Ill be following this boat build close! looking great so far!

thanks for the props! I fish from the lagoon to turnbull bay. i dont like to fish the same place very often and try not to go to the same place more than once a month or two. the only place i dont fish is haulover canal. i have fished it several times and literally been within casting distance of 5 different people catching bull reds and have not pulled a single fish out of the canal!! one of the guy's i was fishing by felt bad for me and gave me his spot and told me where,how and what to use and still nothing!! thats prob the only place i dont go anymore.

doesnt really look like it but made a lot of progress today. live well is completely installed, plumbed and tested and works good. fuel cell is finally installed permanetly well i hope it is anyways. fuel line is installed from front to back. just need to get barb for cell to hook it up. finished making provisions for anchor and live well hatches. installed bracing for front seat base.

Attachments

• IMG_7443s.jpg
    IMG_7443s.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 1,046
  • IMG_7442s.jpg
    IMG_7442s.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 1,046
  • IMG_7440s.jpg
    IMG_7440s.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 1,046
  • IMG_7439s.jpg
    IMG_7439s.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 1,046
  • IMG_7437s.jpg
    IMG_7437s.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 1,046
  • IMG_7434s.jpg
    IMG_7434s.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 1,046
  • IMG_7433s.jpg
    IMG_7433s.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 1,046
  • IMG_7427s.jpg
    IMG_7427s.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 1,046
  • IMG_7426s.jpg
    IMG_7426s.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 1,046
  • IMG_7425s.jpg
    IMG_7425s.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 1,046
well i made some pretty good progress tonight. got home today and my fuel sending unit that was not suppose to arrive until wednesday was sitting at the door!!!! thank you amazon. so of course that had to get installed in the fuel cell. it had a site gauge in it originally so now i can hook up to electric gauge. im sure a lot of you have the same feeling as i do now after all this work its nice to finally be talking about and seeing things like gauges coming soon!! anyways i got the front deck cut out and roughed in and pretty happy with it. i painted the inside of the anchor well with some silver rustoleum hammered paint. then i moved on to prepping and painting the trolling motor bracket and seat base with some white hammered paint. So i have used the silver on several other projects including the winch on the trailer and MAN does that stuff hold up and cover very well. this is the first time i have used the white and i sure hope after a few coats it covers better!! it seems very thin in comparison, as i actually had three runs, than the other colors and did not seem to cover nearly as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20120716_213124s.jpg
    IMG_20120716_213124s.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 1,203
  • IMG_20120716_212838s.jpg
    IMG_20120716_212838s.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 1,203
  • IMG_20120716_212818s.jpg
    IMG_20120716_212818s.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 1,203
  • IMG_20120716_203510s.jpg
    IMG_20120716_203510s.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 1,203
fool4fish1226 said:
Coming along nicely - soon it will be fishing time!

what is the "fishing time" you speak of! lol oh yeah thats why im building this thing!! lol
its been like a month since i have gone fishing im just about into complete lack-o-fishing shock.

got a little closer last night. have actually worked in the past week every night but been doing all those little things like painting the inside of compartments and wiring, lighting etc.. got the back deck pretty much framed out. will be adding a few more peices of angle on the transom and we are going to be putting two flush seat bases in the back so we willl be adding some branckets for them to mount to hopefully tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_20120721_235225s.jpg
    IMG_20120721_235225s.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 1,126
  • IMG_20120721_235152s.jpg
    IMG_20120721_235152s.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 1,126
well had to work all weekend so didnt get anything done yesterday. tonight i got the paint stripped off the outboard cover as it was dead as dead could be! i bought some tracker spray paint i got from ebay and i am super happy with the outcome. it looks spot on to the rest of the motor. the mid section is in great shape on the out board but i think i am going to spray the lower unit the matches so well!! hope tomorrow night we will get back on the rear deck.

Attachments

• IMG_7444s.jpg
    IMG_7444s.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 1,093
  • IMG_7451s.jpg
    IMG_7451s.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 1,093
  • IMG_7454s.jpg
    IMG_7454s.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 1,093
well have been working on the boat but have been doning a lot of little things that need to be done. we just made another center console tonight and version 2.0 looks way better. i will post some pics of it tomorrow. finally got the rear deck frame work all installed and ready to be decked. we added several pieces of reinforcement that may not have been needed but hey im 6'1 300lbs you can never have to much support!! found the wood that was in the bow that neither one of us realised actually had a piece of wood in it was rotten so we removed it and rather than installing new wood we replaced it with new angle aluminium instead and now it doesnt flex at all! we have removed everything off of the rails and bow as much as possible to keep things very smooth so we started tonight and tomorrow i will hopefully finish filling and finishing all of the old holes and making front and rear of the boat smooth. ill post pics of that tomorrow as well.

well its been very slow going over the weekend and last couple days. trying to get all the flushing and filling of holes done and transom primed. ill post some pics tonight but finally got the filling and smoothing done and removed ALL the factory and after thought holes from the entire boat. hopefully tonight will get to prime transom. the other owner of the boat is now on second shift so we are trying to tackle it as much as we both can. hopefully if i do my part tonight he will get to put second coat of prime on tomrrow and maybe ill get to put first coat of paint on transom tomorrow. will post some pics tonight of the center console and smooth decks.

Latest posts