1998 Evinrude 8 HP

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ictalurus

Reaction score
I've got a motor question for the forum. Please note I'm not very motor savy.

My beautiful 1998 Evinrude 8 HP seems to having a "miss" when I idle down from higher throttle. There are no issues at anything above idle and this will happen in neutral or in gear. If two "miss's" happen back to back, the motor will stall. However, after the first "miss" I can give a tiny bit of throttle and it will not "miss" or stall. Playing with the low idle (on the end of the tiller handle) seems to help for a bit, but not eliminate the problem. This isn't a constent problem, but will happen every so often and I'd like to get it fixed.

If anyone can get me started in the right direction I'd be much appreciated. I'm hoping it's a carb or gas issue, but have also heard of CDI box problems.

Thanks,

Ictalurus

Thanks guys, I'll adjust and put on the water this weekend.

I hope i didn't overemphasize the coming off throttle, as this will happen at constent low throttle also. Just seem to notice it more when backing off throttle and hitting idle.

Thanks again.

Pappy and Dale

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Thanks for the advice, runs like a champ. Did have one little sputter in 45 mins, but no stall. Will adjust slightly again, but believe issue has been identified.

Latest posts