2000 Johnson

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBooth

Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade motors. I currently have a good deal on a 2000 model Johnson 25 hp. Does anyone have any experience with these? I know that 2000 was the first year the BRP took over OMC so I was wondering if they are the same quality on the that first year. Thanks for any replies.

id ask one of these guys

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25001

Is it the 2 cylinder model or the 3 cylinder model? They made both styles in 2000. I would stay away from the 3 cylinder versions. I have heard a lot of bad things about power pack and electrical issues that continually fail. Leaving you stranded in the middle of the lake.

And I believe 02 was the official year BRP started producing the engines as someone said above

Johny25 said:
Is it the 2 cylinder model or the 3 cylinder model? They made both styles in 2000. I would stay away from the 3 cylinder versions. I have heard a lot of bad things about power pack and electrical issues that continually fail. Leaving you stranded in the middle of the lake.

And I believe 02 was the official year BRP started producing the engines as someone said above
Thanks. It's the 2 cylinder model.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of the 2 cylinder models. It is the same old 32 cubic inch block that has been proven to be rock solid over the years if taken care of. The 3 cylinder was a 30.5 cubic inch block that had to run 300-500 RPMs higher to get the 25hp out of it.

I would buy it : ) especially if you are getting a deal on it. Just check it over well before purchasing.

Latest posts