2009 Labor Day Weekend Tournament

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim said:
Rule change...

Only Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass and spotted bass allowed. 8)

Sounds good to me. Wish I could catch some smallmouth - I hear they're tasty!

Darn it I just realized I joined too late to fish this tournament. I missed it by a couple days. I just got my schedule cleared to fish Sunday too. :evil:

So I guess we just post the results here? Well, here goes.

Total fish counting for Tinboats Tournament =

6 largemouth bass
2@16 inches
2 @ 15 inches
1 @ 14 inches
1 @ 13 inches

Yes, the pictures say 9/4, I swear it was this morning - 9/5. I took the kids camera and the date was wrong. It doesn't show on the display. I was at work all day yesterday :(

Caught the first 16 incher in the twilight. Couldn't figure out the flash on the camera so I just tossed him in the livewell till light. Kept catching fish so I didn't stop for a picture till 4 were in the livewell.
20090905afirst4fish.JPG

Later in the morninging (9:00 ish) I caught another to round out a WI limit.
20090905b5isalimt.JPG

Caught a 13 incher on a ledge.
20090905c13inchbass.JPG

And for the side-bet, my longest fish was only 16 1/8 - no matter how many times I measured him
20090905dlongestbass16and8th.JPG

Here's my story, went to my local bass lake and was the first one out. It looked like a mini tournament all the boats with lights on this morning! I caught one big fish 'in the dark' working a shallow crank in 2 feet of water. Was daylight before I hooked another. Had a few blowups on topwaters, found that if I follow that blowup with a senko (wacky rigged) I usually had a bite - didn't always connect though. Sometimes I didn't even reel up the other line. Most fish were caught on wacky worms. Used the other baits to locate fish (they always hit just behind my lure) and tossed green or red stick worms right behind it. Found a few baitfish being worked and caught those two bass. 4 of the 15inch plus came by the lillypads -one came from a dock. Had a 18-19 incher on, but he got off at the boat, didn't even give me time to grab the net - figures.

I found a new way to fish the heat of the day on this lake. There is a large drop-off just outside the boat ramp area. If you can stand the waves from skiers,tThe bass were all over this ledge. I just had trouble hooking up - needed to rig the stiffer rod.

Also learned something. As I was moving out to my first choice spot, I passed up 2 areas where bass were tearing something on the surface. I should have stopped right away, but I 'knew' my spot would be just like this. Imagine when I got there and it was quiet as could be #-o

Funniest thing about this lake - It's hard to catch a legal fish here. There are supposed to be some real monsters here, so it gets fished hard. I ususally catch 5 fish before I catch one over 14 inches. Today the only fish biting were 15+ (till later in the day). Others were having a slow day, even the 'I'm a tournment fisherman' guy who told me he caught one bass all morning and they must not be hungry this morning. LOL He thought I was lying about my day!
All in all, it was a fun day. Fished till noon and called it a day.

Will

:twisted: I had too much stuff to do today but I still managed to get out for a few hours in the afternoon. My first fish was caught on a lipless crank but it popped off at the boat. The second fish was caught on a white chatterbait( BOOYAH BOOGEE BAIT). My third bass caught on the lipless crank was just shy of 12". So I only have one fish to submit....

Attachments

• GiampietroPark001-4.jpg
    GiampietroPark001-4.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 1,064
Good luck to everyone, I fished for about 3 or 4 hours and came up with only a few hits, and no fish. I had planned to fish another lake to try to get numbers, but I just threw in the towel.

Jim said:
Sunday Fisherman must show a Dollar bill with every picture!

Can I borrow a dollar?

I am getting ready to go head out and look for NUMBERS as in lots of bass!!! Spent a good 45 minutes this morning deciding on what to take and how to carry it - I decided to hit lots of lakes ponds and rivers and to keep moving until I find NUMBERS

Of course this means that I have also stuffed a large backpack with the contents of a small tackle shop :mrgreen:

Well since I got a kitchen pass I decided I better not waste it. So I'm getting ready to head out and go fish/ I know I can't enter, but at least I will be out.

Just have one fish...

DSCF6943.JPG

Caught him on a BYOB circuit board crank painted dark green and grey, with a black back. We tried out a new spot today; I was hoping for numbers, as this is a less-pressured area. I downsized the lures hoping to entice a few smaller fish, rather then going for a couple of big ones. Anyway, maybe we should have tried an area we were more experienced with, but still a nice fish.

Thanks again,

Matt

P.S. We only had a $5 bill... :D :D

Sorry people,not going to get to go.
Just got back but on the bright side,the daughters team won provincials.

Wound up not having alot of time to fish, but here they are.
only 1 worth a tournament pic...
fishing009.jpg

couple small spots.
fishing002.jpg

fishing008.jpg

And the bonus of the day for me..
fishing001.jpg

didn't measure or weigh, but somewhere around 35".

Had a tough day - started out looking for a few nice LM bass - Managed two real quick.

Hit the river and landed two nice smallies and then spent a good 4 hours looking for more - a few dinks - arrrrrgh

Stopped by two "go to" spots after that only to find some "No Trespassing" signs atone. Fished through the signs until I got a warning. :shock:

Anyway - 6 fish plus one that was 11.75"

All fish were caught on JDBaits products - most of the LM came on a 6" Senko in Black with red flake and some other colors (custom pour for me) - The largest was on a 4" Green Pumpkin Stick

The SM came on a 4" Cinnamon Stick

Fish No. 1 - 17.25"
labor_day_09_001.jpg

labor_day_09_002.jpg

Fish No.: 2 16.5"
labor_day_09_003.jpg

Fish No.: 3 16"
labor_day_09_004.jpg

Fish No.: 4 around 14"
labor_day_09_005.jpg

Fish No.: 5
labor_day_09_008.jpg

Fish No.: 6
labor_day_09_009.jpg

And what was almost No. 7 - 11.75"
labor_day_09_007.jpg

This was a great contest - I wish the river would produce better this year!

Only ended up with 4 keepers today i had 3 that were 11".Caught em all on a wacky rigged senko. I fished this morning for 2hrs on the lake landed 1 12" and 1 11" then hit the pond while at the family cookout and landed 1 12" bass and 1 12 1/2" bass then just got back from the lake again tonight landed 1 13 1/2 bass and 2 11" bass, bass fishing is tough today on the lake alot of ski boats and jet skis tearing up the lake hardcore all day.

Attachments

• 0906091236.jpg
    0906091236.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 1,311
  • 032.JPG
    032.JPG
    821.8 KB · Views: 1,311
  • 033.JPG
    033.JPG
    829 KB · Views: 1,311
  • 034.JPG
    034.JPG
    703 KB · Views: 1,311
well congrats to all of you who caught fish....we had a daggone storm come thru....shut em down....put in a good hard 6 hours of fishing and caught some....but none of em wanted to meet the requirements..... #-o ...now...if i go out tomorrow and have me a good day....this ole boy is gonna be a little ticked......

but....sure had a lot of fun today....

We are at the in laws and had big storms come through yesterday morning.... caught several in the afternoon, but all were between 10-11 inches.... oh well we were at the states best gill/redear lake so we did fill the cooler with some awesome panfish. Congrats to those who caught contest worthy fish!

Congrats to everyone who entered .. Looks like a tie ? Capt and Wasilver ? Is that correct ?

Latest posts