25 hp e-tec

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

latex

Reaction score
Im buying one this next week. Has anyone had any problems with them? I hear alot from the guys I work with all neg.! I also know two guys that have them them and love for fishing in the marsh. any info from you guys would be great!!

All negative here also. I'm not sure about the smaller outboards but the 150hp + ones have been trouble. I do not know of one charter captain using them anymore. I know they had some oil injection problems. I had one guy at work go through 3 150hp e-techs in one year before he had enough and made them buy it back. He kept loosing oil to the top cylinder thus blowing the powerhead. Surely they have worked out the bugs since they came out years ago. Please keep in mind that most of the motors I see are used commercially and get hundreds of hours put on them a year.

We hardly ever see them in the shop down here and we are an authorized Bombardier dealer. Main issues with any of the newer engines we see are water-in-fuel related. There were some issues a few years ago but in general we see them at the end of the three year warranty for service.