25 hp Johnson

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishsalot

Reaction score
guys im looking at a 25 hp like a 1969 really clean it has the electric start tiller i can buy it for 350.00

fishsalot said:
guys im looking at a 25 hp like a 1969 really clean it has the electric start tiller i can buy it for 350.00

And...? Have you gone through it (I.e. check the lower unit lube, compression, spark, etc..)? Have you heard it run, maybe placed it in a 55 gallon barrel of water or the equivalent? If so & it's what you want, go for it. I just picked up a 1957 18 hp Evinrude in very good condition with tiller handle, ability for electric start, etc..for $150.00 (check out the motor post "Older OB vs Newer.." the pic of it is there). Btw, did you try & offer the person less (cash in hand & all that)?

i never heared it run a old man owns it he swears it runs good i offered him 300.00 cash he turned me down hes one of the old timers who gives a price and hes done,i think he is a man of his word lol i could be wrong i think i will take a gag can and battery with me just to see if it will start and run it for a few secounds

...i offered him 300.00 cash he turned me down hes one of the old timers who gives a price and hes done...

I would have told him that's fine, shook his hand, and walked away, but gave him my number where he could contact me in case he did change his mind. Sounds like an "old man" trying to bluff you into paying a bunch of money, and take his word (I wouldn't) that it runs. Just my personal opinion :wink:

I wouldn't pay that price for the motor unless i head it run and checked the drive train
let it run for a bit an see what happens
if he has an issue with you running the motor walk... I mean run away something is wrong

Wayne

Latest posts