4 hp marnier

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

free jonboat

Reaction score
ok so i just bought a 4 hp marnier. this thing runs great it started on the first pull. the cowl is a little banged up but under the cover it is clean enough to eat off of. this guy was asking 225 but i managed to talk him down to 150. the only thing is it is a loooooooong shaft. my questin is, will it plane out my 10 foot jonboat since it is a long shaft? and how fast should i be able to go? comments would greatly be appreciated. 8) heres some pictures

Attachments

• img0512.jpg
    img0512.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 389
  • img0538.jpg
    img0538.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 389
  • img0435.jpg
    img0435.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 389
I would think that it would plane out your boat depending on how much weight you have in the boat. I'm guessing your 10'er is rated no more than a 5hp???? Not sure about speed but should push it pretty good. You got a good price on that motor. Congrats!!!!

yea its just gonna be me (100) pounds and my friend who is about 150 at the most im guessing and all of our fishing gear so mobey 10 pounds there but yea thanks ive been looking for one for a long time and if its not what i want then ill sell it and keep up the search. im so excited for spring i cant hardly wait :LOL2:

free jonboat said:
yea its just gonna be me (100) pounds and my friend who is about 150 at the most im guessing and all of our fishing gear so mobey 10 pounds there but yea thanks ive been looking for one for a long time and if its not what i want then ill sell it and keep up the search. im so excited for spring i cant hardly wait :LOL2:

With 2 of you in there I doubt it will but, probably will with just you.

Latest posts