'59 AlumaCraft FDR Updated w/ pics & video 6/9/12

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should make a good combination of utility/fishing/pleasure craft. I would have restored it to a factory original Runabout, however its current configuration is more practical for my needs... sorry Alumacraft purist--although on the plus side, I did resurrect it from a pretty undesirable state of decay.

I will probably have 1 more update before I get it on the water, when I finish up the casting deck. Once its in the water, I'll make sure to get a nice video of it in action.

Very nice looking boat you're developing there. As a man who picked a boat his wife would be willing to ride in, I fully understand how and why you made the bench seat.

I would like to suggest you paint the hinges and such that are not stainless steel. This will extend their life a great deal. The paint can be clear coat even, as long as they're protected.

BTW, did you ever get the bilge area cleaned out like you wanted to?

DaveInGA said:
Very nice looking boat you're developing there. As a man who picked a boat his wife would be willing to ride in, I fully understand how and why you made the bench seat.

I would like to suggest you paint the hinges and such that are not stainless steel. This will extend their life a great deal. The paint can be clear coat even, as long as they're protected.

BTW, did you ever get the bilge area cleaned out like you wanted to?

I'm not sure what you're refering to... Is been a while since I started this thread, so it may just be something I forgot. (Lord knows its not the first time thats happened! :LOL2: ) The bilge is close to center in the back of the boat. I used a 500gph wired to a toggle switch up on the console. The hose is just ran up and dumps the water out of the back. It was simpler then drilling a hole and buying the fitting to have it exit out the side of the boat... and with the aquaduct system in the way, it really was the easiest thing to do. I do plan on making the boat a little more asthetically pleasing, but since the boating season is well underway, currently i'm going for function over form :LOL2: . The new paint and the final touches will be next winters project.

The carpeting is now complete. Only a few more touches to go like installing my fishing seats and installing a removable sun umbrella. Taking a short break before I finish it up and getting some other important things done. It should be completed within a couple weeks though.

Also got it on the water for the first time last weekend. Decent trial run, but needs some adjustments for sure.
270875_10151847216240634_1219049660_n.jpg

543220_10151847216375634_164352482_n.jpg

550381_10151847216495634_43734216_n.jpg

Attachments

• 0000001.jpg
    0000001.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 516
  • 0000002.jpg
    0000002.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 516
  • 0000003.jpg
    0000003.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 516
fool4fish1226 said:
BigKat - The boat looks real good - nice to see you enjoying all your hard work. =D>

Thank You! It's been a long time coming!

I also wanted to make it a point that I was only going about 5mph when these pictures were taken. My life jacket was worn the majority of the time, while these pictures were taken it was sitting next to me and I was out with a spotter boat for precautionary reasons. Was fun!

Latest posts