'76 Starcraft Semi V

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got all the plywood fit and cut. Here's my pre sealing/carpeting pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 779
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 779
Im doing a charcoal carpet with some white specs in it.. white/charcoal wise seats.. kind of wishing i wouldve painted the boat before i started this lol.. such is life.

Thanks, the top deck is only about 26" I put it in for the bow mount only, I dont think it will be stable to cast from but ill find out once the season turns here in the next week or two..

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=342393#p342393 said:
Bnoon120 » 21 Feb 2014, 09:27[/url]"]Boat seats and pedestals came in today.
lookin' good dude

Alright my bass boat building friends. I'm in a tough spot but I can only assume some of you ran into this your first time also... So putting the pieces together post carpet I now have about 1/2" problem of it not fitting together. I read online to shave the carpet with head buzzers but I figured I'd go to the pros first. All input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 706
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 706
I haven't tried. I was talking to a buddy who suggested I hear up my contact cement with a heat gun and try to remove the carpet then cut it the. Re apply it but that leaves me needing to reseal the wood after cutting it I think it would just be easier to remake a new piece which I was trying to avoid. Do you know if contact cement is able to be "heated up" to the point it's not holding the carpet down anymore?

Not sure about heating it. I know its very flammable when wet so be careful. I think I would try to peel it back with a sharp putty knife or something similar. You don't have to peel back much to cut it, hope you can find a way without remaking it.

Is there an advantage to staggering seats or are they ok straight on a line??? Opinions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 636
Thanks brother. For no real experience and no idea of what I was doing, I am pleased with how it turned out.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=343594#p343594 said:
Bnoon120 » Yesterday, 20:47[/url]"]Is there an advantage to staggering seats or are they ok straight on a line??? Opinions?

I like to have staggered seats. It will give the driver a better view of the water in front of the boat when running.

Bnoon120 » Yesterday, 20:47 wrote:
Is there an advantage to staggering seats or are they ok straight on a line??? Opinions?

I like to have staggered seats. It will give the driver a better view of the water in front of the boat when running.

Is there any issues with stability? Should i inset them from the gunwales a certain distance? Id say my width around the seats in about 4' - 4 1/2'

Latest posts