89' GameFisher 14' V MOD "Kinda Finished"

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciate it.. actually had a guy offer to buy my boat when i was gassing up today hahaha. so it must not look to shabby :D...

not much of an update.. but this is the only picture i have with the hatch installed.. spent a good chunk of the day trying to find some catfish.. caught a few Channels... my laziness failed me.. i didnt feel like bringing worms to catch some REAL bait.. so i opted for some chicken livers i had in the Fridge.. what a mistake.. i remember why i havent used those in like 2 years.. used probably 20 paper towels and wipes to keep blood from staining everything... my go back to the river tomorrow and use some bluegills for bait... anyways enough ranting.. heres a pic for now.. through on a few rod holders i had and hit the Water... just anchored up in the only spot of shade i could find within Miles..

and as im sure you can tell.. the "handle" for hte hatch is just some nylon webbing i had laying around.. same stuff thats on the Big lower deck that i use to pull it out.. Free and simple

2012-05-25_14-41-41_751.jpg

Nice! very much what I have in mind for my boat when I get some time to work on it.

Sorry to hear about your grandfather.

Very nice build. Im getting my 12 V hull tin this week and cant wait to get to work. Did you float your floor? I see the tabs along the top. I think thats a great idea....Looks great

Also, have you had anybody else with you on the boat? Just curious as to how it would handle with 2 as I will have a friend along from time to time.

not sure what you meant by Float the floor? but yes it is removeable.. it its supports come out with it. the front deck however is secured to boat.

Yes ive fished with 2 people and it handles great (turning and whatnot much more stable with added weight) aswell as fishing.. 1 person on front deck another on big rear deck.. plenty of room and pretty stable

thanks for the compliments guys

Not sure if I used correct term in re: to boating but meant floor not screwed into floor (attached, glued etc). I really like what you did...great job. Will probably do pretty much the same with mine. Thanks for replying and enjoy!

no problem and yep you got it right.. the supports in this picture were secured to the plywood after they were trimmed and fitted just right.. then wrapped in carpet.. VERY snug fit in between the benches.. can barely pull it out by myself.. so it aint Budging.. if you do it similar you wont regret it.. i love the open space.. and since i do alot of catfishing.. i can just lay down and relax while im anchored out on the river and wait for the rods to bend over with a fish..

another small update... stopped at basspro on the way home from todays job since i was in the area.. save myself the 45minute trip... and went ahead and got myself a base/seat post for passengers to ride on.. every post there says 5mph max.. but ohwell. this setup seems sturdy enough.. the post was 13" to begin with.. shortest one in stock but that was to tall for my liking.. so i cut it down to about 6-7" plus the 2-3" that the spring on the seat base adds so it sits comfortably.. and matches the seat height i have on the rear bench.

also got the back half of boat painted. none of my carpet peices i have left over are big enough to cover rear bench in 1 piece.. and i dont want to use more than 1.. so it will have to wait another few days atleast... getting closer to running my electrical... and being closer to Done.. gonna hit the river tomorrow and see how it balances out with someone in the front seat

2012-05-29_17-48-44_248.jpg

I think you'll like it were you put it down on the lower deck. I had mine out on some rough water the other day with my son and I had him sit down on the lower deck about the same place when we were running across the lake. The battery was up front too and the boat planed out well. I plan to put a seat base on the front deck to so I can sit up there when we are trolling around the stumps and pilings for the trout we fish for mostly out here.

alright.. so i now have battery under front deck.. just gotta start running all my wires to a switch box so i can mount both trolling motors my FF and hook up lights.. but itll happen soon.. today i finally bought another piece of carpet to do the rear bench.. it came out perfect on first try :mrgreen:... also replaced the transom boards and hardware.. so its atleast ready for water once again.. pics arent great due to Sun.. but oh well.. theyll do

BEFOFE TODAY

hideous bench and transom boards covered in Carpet :oops:

2012-05-29_17-48-44_248.jpg

NOW... yes theres screws on the bench holding carpet on... i ran those in to keep carpet tight and stretched as glue cures.. may leave them.. may pull em out later..

2012-06-04_19-02-24_52.jpg

2012-06-04_19-02-46_465.jpg

2012-06-04_19-02-36_919.jpg

You're getting there dude and it's looking good. Time to start thinking of final touches/customizations you want that'll make fishing the boat more fun.

as always nothing big has happened.. but i now have battery under front deck.. the stern doesnt wanna sink with my far arse and gas tank back there now haha.. ran wires from my rear trolling motor into a box under deck that has a bus bar and fuse block mounted in it.. i might try to take a picture but doubt it. its way up under deck and was a PAIN to mount with my front deck still on.. but it works and thats all that matters.. also mounted my transducer for my DSI and ran its wiring up to the fuseblock.. and got it on river yesterday for some testing.. so far i like it.. river is alot different that i thought.. VERY shallow in alot of spots.. and now i know where to fish... but here it is

this is just running through simulator mode after installation

2012-06-05_18-02-59_520.jpg

and a picture cruising down the Hooch.. clouds got DARK while i was out so i didnt venture to far out.. wind was blowing be all around the river while at WOT

2012-06-06_18-00-15_359.jpg

Nice work. I just mounted the same Lowrance and love it. Took little getting used to the DSI.

thanks for the compliments.. when i saw the DSI at bass pro i didnt have a second thought on sonar.. i do alot of catfishing so having it mounted on rear bench where i can cruise around and check out where the drop offs are and logjams etc.. should help alot.. still got to get used to it. i never was great at understanding the sonar completely.. just love the Detail on the DSI

Hey nice mod man.... Looks really good and nice layout too =D> Does your little johny still plane you out with another person in the boat after the mod?

Latest posts