89 Smokercraft Challenger 16

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, that smokercraft looks a lot like my starcraft. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the build.

jdsgrog said:
You know, that smokercraft looks a lot like my starcraft. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the build.

Wow you are right, they look identical structurally. I even have the same bow railing sitting on a shelf. I was thinking of making it a CC rig too but I have this nice fully enclosed canvas top with curtains that make fishing in the rain a real pleasure so I figured I'd keep it. Those consoles are a real pain in the *** to re-carpet. One thing I would suggest to you is a tilt/trim for your motor, these things have a tendency to porpoise like crazy. I plan on selling the boat in a couple years and build my self a flat bottom skiff (https://www.spirainternational.com/hp_wyer.) or else I would add an aftermarket trim.

Yeah, I believe the Smokercraft (and sylvan) came off the same boat line, though the starcraft ss was discontinued earlier. I do have a tilt and trim for my merc. I have to get everything running, but that is going to be later in the summer. BTW, I'll be making mine a single side console. I'm planning on redesigning the console all together making one out of plywood and fiberglass. I'll see how that goes.

Latest posts