9/21 - Nockamixon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gamefisher

Reaction score
I haven't been posting much because I haven't been fishing much. Here and there at a local pond, catching a few dinks.

Today I finally had my act together and boat ready to head out. I was going to go to lake Galena, but I've been driving a lot, and Nockamixon is closer. I'm fairly confident that I can catch fish at Galena, but not the Nock. So I went without any expectations. When I got there at around 2:30, I was greeted at the ramp by an older fisherman who was leaving, who informed me that he didn't get the slightest bite, so things were not looking up.

I launched and started working my way around. Water temp was 74. I started shallow with senkos, but no hits. Tried a crankbait in some deeper water around a hump and dropoff, and got a hit on the dropoff but it didn't stay on for long. Crossed the lake to try another dropoff - this one was real steep. I was only 30 feet from the shore, but water was 30 feet deep. I tied on a black/blue jig, threw it at the shore and worked it down the drop. Somewhere around 20-25', I got the hit, and it was on!

20", 4 or 5 lbs. Personal best LM. Wahoo!

Matt

Attachments

• 92108 001.jpg
    92108 001.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 109
  • 92108 002.jpg
    92108 002.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 108
Captain Ahab said:
Great job Matt!

That is a nice bass - was the Nock crowded in this nice weather?

Lots of pleasure boaters - pontoons and sailboats. There really wasn't any wind so the sailboats were just sitting there and motoring in and out. The pontoons were moving up and down the lake, so that was annoying.

Congrats on the PB.
Is the lake a clear lake?...the fish looks pretty light.