A conversion like you've never seen before...16' Performer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Captain Ahab said:
freetofish said:
Great job... Good post... as much as I like it, i would be concerned about the amount of weight you added... I would guess between 400 and 500 lbs.
The job does look great.

My thoughts as well - that looks really heavy

But awesome! I am sure teh hull can handle it - just loading and unloading on the trailer looks like a b%^&*$

Loading is a breeze...drive it right up on the trailer, lock it in, hit the road. If there's anything that the new facelift made more difficult, its getting myself to head back to the boat launch.

LMBDave said:
Captain Ahab said:
freetofish said:
Great job... Good post... as much as I like it, i would be concerned about the amount of weight you added... I would guess between 400 and 500 lbs.
The job does look great.

My thoughts as well - that looks really heavy

But awesome! I am sure teh hull can handle it - just loading and unloading on the trailer looks like a b%^&*$

Loading is a breeze...drive it right up on the trailer, lock it in, hit the road. If there's anything that the new facelift made more difficult, its getting myself to head back to the boat launch.

:D

The first fish I caught on my new boat

5lb 1oz Largemouth
IMG_2302.jpg

The second fish I caught on my new boat

2lb 11oz Smallmouth
IMG_2300.jpg

A solid first 2 fish...If this is a glimpse into the future of this boat, there are definitely good things to come!

Good fish Man! Would love to have some smallmouth near where I live. Closest I think I can get them is about an hour and a half away in the James River. Definitely gotta get out there next spring and see if I can round some up. Glad the boat is working out well for you.

I have been lurking on this site for about a week now just reading. Your mod made me register and post. My market is apparently like your's in that tins bring a much higher resale value than older glass ski boats and they are everywhere! However, the lakes I fish tend to have very shallow flats and stumps. Was wondering how shallow you could run that boat in after the mod. I am a family man with two youngins and something like this seriously interests me. Also, how fast does she run with the 85?? You may have already mentioned that...

This is one cool mod, I love those old tri-hulls too. When your not fishing you could put a ski-pole in back seat mount and pull a skier. Job well done =D>

pointcityboater said:
I have been lurking on this site for about a week now just reading. Your mod made me register and post. My market is apparently like your's in that tins bring a much higher resale value than older glass ski boats and they are everywhere! However, the lakes I fish tend to have very shallow flats and stumps. Was wondering how shallow you could run that boat in after the mod. I am a family man with two youngins and something like this seriously interests me. Also, how fast does she run with the 85?? You may have already mentioned that...

I can get in about a 2 feet of water. She maxes out around 35 mph, its not too bad. I definitely recommend modding an old boat like this, the amount of space they offer leads to endless possibilities! and the build was fairly easy.

=D> =D> =D> 8) Real nice job, I really like the way it sets at rest in the water. Real nice balanced look. All You have to worry about now is too many guys wanting to look it over while you're trying to fish. :LOL2:

I see a lot of old ski boats advertised on CL as fishing boats. You have proved them right I guess lol. Very imaginative build!!!!

great looking boat! i too have been building some smaller jon boats... always kinda skipped over the older fiberglass boats on craigslist untill now! :) what did you use to waterproof all the wood in your build? i really like the way it turned out! keep up the good work

How did the livewell work out? I used a similar style tub and water splashes over the sides when the boat rocks from large wakes of passing boats.