Another change order. Lol
I have quite a bit of the 2” pink foam board left I used underneath the floor so I’m trying to use it where I can because the more flotation the better.
I cut and laid it in the bottom inside the rear bench (my storage) and topped with 15/32” plywood also leftover.
On the starboard side at the very end of the storage is where all the electrical is. The battery cable comes in to the fuse block and switch panel is right there.
I was moving around some or the foam board pieces in my shop yesterday and started reading things on it out of curiosity because I’m really happy with how firm this stuff is. I found a caution on it that says it’s combustible. So I looked up the MSDS. This stuff releases gasses and it says to keep away from sparks,flames, and statin electricity.
I just lined the floor with it underneath all the electrical.
I’m going to remove it from the electrical only and either just leave the plywood or find something different to go between it and the aluminum.
I’ll leave the board in the rest of the bench and put a wall between the electrical and the rest of the bench. I’ll make it out of aluminum and seal it so nothing from the foam board can seep in there. At least not to be dangerous with the ventilation.
I had also just cut a piece of the foam board with a plywood to fit. Painted both (acrylic for the foam by the way)and going to attach the foam and plywood together with adhesive then use a piece of aluminum angle to attach the plywood to the rear of the bench outside between the transom and bench. This is to attach the new battery to since there’s no floor back there and it’ll also put the battery up off the floor that much higher. I think I’ll leave it since it’s out in the open and has the plywood barrier and battery in a box.
I had no idea this stuff was combustible. I know a lot of other tin boat owners used it to build there floors. Even line the walls.
I carry a fire extinguisher mounted to the front deck. I think I’ll get another one to keep in the back of the boat as well. I’ve got plyWood cut and painted for platforms for the trolling battery behind the front deck and portable fuel tank in front of the rear bench. So I don’t have to screw into the new floor. I thought about putting foam under them as well but that was a bad idea in the first place if that foam rubs or vibrates a little sitting on the carpet there’s my static electricity. I’ll just stick with plywood on those two which will be attached the same way with aluminum angle and rivnuts so everything is removable for cleaning.
So new building a barrier wall between the electrical and rest of storage. Finish connecting all the wiring and wire the new battery. Installing trolling a battery and fuel tank platforms. Oh last thing is mount the new rod carrier on the starboard gunwale and the new holders on top of the port side. Changing the fuel water separator because it has sit a while even though it use none ethanol and treat my fuel you never know what’s coming out of that pump. and inspect the rest of the fuel system and engine. Which should check out because it’s all new fuel system I put in and plugs , all the regular maintenance done (new thermostat, water pump lower unit oil which I still may change) before I started on the boat but it will all be looked at on the 1992 Yamaha. I should have started the motor every now and then while working on the boat but I don’t like 2 cycle fuel sitting in a tank for a year and running it. It started and ran fine after 6 months so I’m counting on it after these past 6 months. Oh I had completely rebuilt all three carburetors too is why I’m hoping they’re ok after sitting.