Added fishfinder mount

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
Today I built a fishfinder mount for the front of the boat. I wanted something high enough that I could clearly see the screen while standing. With the old mount in the middle of the boat, I'd have to turn my body around to the side console while trolling for pan fish. I also wanted to scan under docks with side imaging and can do that easier with every thing in the front. So here it is, and the best thing, it collapses onto the front deck to go under low bridges :)

Still needs to be covered and wired, but the props give the general idea.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366603525179.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366603525179.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 307
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366603542239.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366603542239.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 307
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366603554805.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366603554805.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 307
I have some off the shelf rod holders, on on each side of front seat. The item next to the fishfinder is a ram mount so I can move the fishfinder in any direction or tilt it down and out of the way.

I plan to build some bigger rod holders that I spider rig with. That is one of the main reasons to put the gps fish finder up front. Then I can move to my spots without trying to drive the boat while looking backwards, (It also doesn't help in seeing fish bending the rods.)

I do have lots of room to mount things on the post. I'm thinking a few cupholders for pliers, sodas, lures, etc. I'm already thinking of rebuilding it next year with drawers or holders for lures.

Latest posts