adding a console to a 14' boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craveman85

Reaction score
Next week I'm picking up a late 40's aero craft "d" 14' aluminum boat. I've been thinking for a while I'd like to make a small side console. I was thinking of making one from mahogany like the small Boston whaler boats but I can't find any pictures on the mechanics of them. Anyone have any pictures or ideas?

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=316277#p316277 said:
nomowork » Yesterday, 18:52[/url]"]I actually removed an aluminum side console after I bought my Gregor. I wanted more floor space.
I did the same thing with my 15'. I like the added floor space much more than I did the console.

There are some pics in my build thread of the console. I have more pics of the console if that would help you any.

I'd only be losing like 2 or 3 square feet of floor space. 95% of my boat time is spent trolling anyways not standing up and casting. I almost always fish alone anyways. My 16' I just sold I never stepped forward of the second seat i.e. the 4 years I had it.

Latest posts