Adding another pedestal seat...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Deutsch

Reaction score
Ok so I couldn't go all summer without making a couple mods. Here's one I working on and would like your input.

I'm going to add a extra pedestal seat mount to the floor. This will be to half inch plywood floor that is carpeted. I have enough clearance for the seat base to go in but was thinking about putting it next to one of the ribs so I can tack down at least 1 side(3 screws) to the flooring and rib and then the other 3 screws to just the plywood flooring. Does this make sense? Here are some pics.

1st pic is how the boat sits now. Image the green bar as the rib underneath.

2nd pic is what would be what is underneath the flooring/carpet and where would be tacking to.

Does this make sense? What do you guys think? Click to enlarge pics.

Attachments

• seat mount.JPG
    seat mount.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 403
  • mount with carpet.JPG
    mount with carpet.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 415
I have done just what you are describing and think that it helps create a little more "bite" for the screw, so I would say go for it.

I'd measure the height of the rib, and build-up a 12" square area underneath the base, and screw into it, it'll give you alot more support & won't eventually tear-out the holes in the rib from the "rocking" you'll get on the 1/2" flooring.

ST

Latest posts