adding foam

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joho5

Reaction score
What kind of foat would be good to add to my boat. Its a 14' flatbottom. I would like to add some flotation to it to make up for the weight built onto the boat. What do you guys recommend?

Take mind I have already built the casting deck on the front, and have minimal access to it without taking it all apart.

thanks

joho5 said:
What kind of foat would be good to add to my boat. Its a 14' flatbottom. I would like to add some flotation to it to make up for the weight built onto the boat. What do you guys recommend?

Take mind I have already built the casting deck on the front, and have minimal access to it without taking it all apart.

thanks

You said that you want to make up for the weight built into the boat. You do realize that adding foam will also add more weight to the boat while it is floating normally. It's sole purpose is to add floatation to the boat when it is full of water and trying to sink. That being said, I concur with the stuff Fowlmood linked to.

Latest posts