All Star Pro Series Reviews????

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiolunker

Reaction score
Anyone here used the All Star Pro Series rods??? I'm looking to pick up a reasonable spinnerbait/buzzbait rod and found one of these for about $50 new. It's the 6'8" spinnerbait model. Heard decent things about All Star ,but I can't seem to find any reviews on this model.

All star has sold out and is now built in China or some foriegn country, they used to be made in Texas. You likely will find a higher quality rod if you want to spend just a bit more money.

Ended up finding a deal I couldn't pass up. I got an Abu Revo S on an All Star Select rod for $99.97 new.

Bugpac said:
All star has sold out and is now built in China or some foriegn country, they used to be made in Texas. You likely will find a higher quality rod if you want to spend just a bit more money.

I think Mexico

And I agree - they are not what they used to be at all

The All Star Select model I picked up definitely had a sticker noting Made in China; however, since it came with a Revo for just under a hundred bucks seemed worth a shot. Threw some 17lb mono on and 1/2 oz weight so I could take it outside to cast in my yard. Casts like a dream, but I attribute that mostly to the reel. Looking forward to seeing how it performs on the water.

Allstar built their reputation on the rods they built in Houston Tx. The USA produced rods are 1st class, well built rods .The Allstar Platinum series is still being built in Houston, however the rest of their line as far as I know are built in China.

Latest posts