Alumacraft 1648 Mod v

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzz3030

Reaction score
Just finished the electrical.

Attachments

• boat 1.JPG
    boat 1.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 1,710
  • boat 2.JPG
    boat 2.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,710
  • boat 3.JPG
    boat 3.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 1,710
  • boat 4.JPG
    boat 4.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 1,710
  • boat 5.JPG
    boat 5.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,710
  • boat 6.JPG
    boat 6.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,710
I like it...how do you like that rear setup for tiller driving?
I like how you mounted the switch panel and the stereo as well.
Any more pics? This is the boat I want to get next year.

I bought it new last year and only fished electric only lakes. I just got the gas motor a week ago so I haven't been able to use it yet I'm waiting on a fuel line. I could have gotten away with a four gang switch panel if I woulda just took other people's advice. I wired everything that has its own on/off switch to a fuse panel and just lights/bilge off of the switches. And I can upload as many picks as you would like

Thanks it took a little time fishing all the wires through the boxes with foam in them but I think it looks better than wires running everywhere. Now if I can just figure something out for the floor.

What did you use to cut the channels through the foam BTW ?I want to do that when the time comes,and haven't seen anything to make it manageable.
I seen the mention of saws,but no specifics.
You could always do some 1/2" plywood for the floor..it would make it possible to run things along the floor.
And..be able to pull it up later if necessary.

I used a jig saw to cut all the aluminum. To cut the foam out I just used a hand saw but I only cut enough out to fit my fuse box,switch panel, and speakers. As far as running wires with all the foam in it I used a piece of cable to fish the wires through its unreal how slick the cable makes it. I tried tie wire it just wouldn't make the corners.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 1,550
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 1,550
Oh and the hatch is 7x11 that's as big as I could go and still leave a little meat on the edges

Awesome...thx.
I can't wait til I can grab one of these boats.
I have seen so many neat things that can be done with them.

Got the back part of the floor in I don't like it but I guess it's better than walking on ribs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 1,366
That aluminum is a heck of a thing to get in there without scratching the ribs and everything up.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=322312#p322312 said:
Kilo70 » 14 Jul 2013, 16:47[/url]"]I was wondering about that with your other stuff already installed.
Yeah if you buy a new one be certain you get what you want if I had it to do over I wouldn't have gotten the center seat.

Seasense 6 inch LEDs at night.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 329
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 327
I like the lights.Looks like it would light up pretty decent.
When I get around to getting the boat..im probably gonna go for the NCS version.
Seems like it would work better for me.