Another daily rant

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I downloaded the Tapatalk app which popped up on the site when I logged in the first time as recommended if you are using a mobile phone. It appears that it always quotes the person to whom you are replying.

I just figured out that I can hit an edit button though and delete the quote before I send my reply. Kind of weird, that they make you do it that way, but at least I found a way to stop quoting everyone.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I may be in the minority on this, but something that bugs me is when guys get their picture taken holding a fish, and no matter how big the fish is, they have to push it at the camera to make it look bigger than it actually is. They will say, "I want the fish to be seen better", but they can bring the camera closer, or crop the photo. There really isn't any reason to push it toward the camera to distort the way the fish looks in relation the guy holding it except to make it look bigger.

Scott F. I'll buy into your rant on that one.

I've seen 14 inch bass look like 8 lbrs. That is NOT telling anyone anything except that you are lying as to the actual size of the fish. Since I often fish alone, I just throw my occasional catches down on the deck, next to a ruler or at least a rod/reel. One can properly judge what actual size they are with those reference points.

It was the pros on TV that started the nonsense of holding them out. I understand that you can even buy extended wooden arms/hands to bring the fish even closer to the camera.

richg99 said:
Ha Ha..19 inches. Looks like about one third of your body. You must be 57 inches tall???

Just having some fun with you. Hope you don't mind. rich

Naw, I don't mind and I had to go see a physical therapist for back pain after holding that fish up. LOL.

If I ever catch something worth bragging about there will be no doubt in anyone's mind!

BTW, today is the 85th anniversary of the first sighting of the Loch Ness Monster (Nessie). Now there is a fish story.

Wait...what? Fishermen exaggerating? Say it isn't so! :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If I were to rant about pet peeves it would be about my fave 10:

1. "Sport" fishermen" that show up at the dock then sell or give away dozens of fish. Why kill fish like that? To recover gas money? To be a big shot? I don't get it.

2. Fishermen who ask what lure I use.

3. Posters who did not spend enough time in school to get a sufficiently decent command of their language and then post spelling errors on the web. Ignoring their spelling checker makes it even worse :)

4. Motorcyclists who rant about their bikes which have "low miles" on them and the owner will never take them out if there's a chance of them getting wet.

5. Owners of hatch back cars with dinky engines and open pipes weaving in and out of traffic.

6. The bumper sticker "Kids on board" and mommy drives like a lunatic.

7. Software developers who should be baking cookies because they are not very competent at writing code.

8. Supermarkets selling nice red chopmeat with brown older meat concealed in the center.

9. Dozens of signs on the glass at the doctor's office. They never figured out that after two or three notes, most of the notes are unread.

10. Making an appointment at the dentist or doctor and having to wait 45 minutes or more... EVERY TIME!

OK, sorry one more...

Traffic lights that have the longest wait for the majority of traffic while the other direction with far less traffic gets the bulk of the passage time :)

Latest posts