Badbaggers SeaArk 1872 Modification & Restoration Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HA ! I've been busy as hell for over a week looking for a new to me Tundra and working on selling my Tacoma and it's not easy. Need a bigger truck for the next boat so truck comes before the boat so I've been looking and listing my truck. The rain has pretty much not let up. It was suggested to wait to have a couple of good dry days when I mount it so that it adheres properly. That has NOT happened, rained **** near every day. So without any more waiting, here is the SeaDek with the name. I've just got to wait it out for a couple of decent days in a row. It is going to be mounted on the front of the console.

Attachments

• knotright.jpg
    knotright.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 1,130
How bout a round of applause for Mr. Badbagger! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Nicely done sir...can't believe you're already considering another boat.

Thank you, thank you. Yes, there's a second boat in the works but NOT going to be selling this one any time soon if at all.
Far too much work but if I ever decide to, I've got a fairly long list of folks who want first shot at it lol all up and down the east coast. Hard boats to find in the used market.

Just another BIG advantage of Craigslist. I've bought numerous boats and trucks from Craigslist and it DOES PAY TO SPEND THE TIME. This SeaArk was found on CL as noted. Two years ago I bought a Tacoma Doublecab on CL, it was an 02 with low miles. I drove that truck for two years, sold it and MADE $2100 and sold it on CL. As previously mentioned, I'm thinking of the next boat which will be all glass for near shore and the bays. However, had to sell the Tacoma since it wasn't going to get it towing wise. So the search was on for a Tundra and I looked on CL for probably a month and daily...

And here's how it ended: So after looking at a couple of Tundra Access Cabs and prior to a long drive Wednesday to look at them, I was waiting for the wife and jumped on Craigslist for the heck of it about 4:30 am. Saw an ad: 2004 Tundra 36,000 miles clean many extras double cab, leather, wheels, factory dual exhaust. painted to match bed cover. Before heading out, I sent the guy an email and that we were headed to Orlando to look at Tundras. We had looked at the Tundras in Orlando and the phone rang and it was the owner of the truck in the ad from Craigslist. One was nice but he didn't have the title yet, it was on the way from his bank and no title, no sale. We chatted and he pretty much said you really just need to see the truck. So off we go this morning and just shy of two hours later we pulled up into the yard and before I got out of the Highlander, it was mine. Truck actually had 32,450 miles on it and seen rain a whole 3 times according to the chap who owned it and I believe him. He showed me the original window sticker as he was the original owner and it was at $30k and then the receipts from the TRD Wheels, TRD Exhaust and various other accessories which totaled another $6500. If there's such a thing as a true "cream puff", this would be it. He listed it at $15,000 and one question later I bought the truck for $14,500 cash on the spot. Thought I'd toss this out there and thank those who answered all of my questions and I'll surely have more. The wheels are 18" TRD and the only thing the truck will need is a set of tires and I don't know what my options are. It has Pierelli Scorpions on it now that he put on when bought the truck and they need replacing within a month or two. Other than that, it needs nothing there's not a scratch on it and just needs a vacuuming and a wash from the bugs from driving the 100 miles home. This truck was garaged for the past 9 years. Thank you Craigslist once again, it pays to put in the hours! Now to save a BUNCH more pennies for the next boat. And yes, it's a 2004!

Attachments

• brakecontroller.jpg
    brakecontroller.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 1,050
  • engine1.jpg
    engine1.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 1,050
  • engine2.jpg
    engine2.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 1,050
  • in.jpg
    in.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 1,050
  • in1.jpg
    in1.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 1,050
  • out.jpg
    out.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 1,050
  • out1.jpg
    out1.jpg
    409.8 KB · Views: 1,050
  • out2.jpg
    out2.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 1,050
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=324640#p324640 said:
johnnybassboat » 02 Aug 2013, 22:33[/url]"]Glad to see there are like minded people with the same views as me on here. Good fishing guys.

Indeed there are jbb and he smack bro, glad it made ya chuckle

Finally got a break in the weather that allowed me to mount the SeaDek. NOW she's officially done lol. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• knotright.jpg
    knotright.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 880
Thanks Dave & Jerry, IF it EVER quits raining I might be able to fish. Suppose to get 5" of rain by Sunday night here.

Just an update that I forgot to post. Finally got a WOT speed. Boat goes along really well and my best WOT run is 56 mph clocked on 2 GPS units and my phone. Too dang fast to enjoy it lol. My "speed demon" days are over but had to try it out. Planning the next boat and depending where we end moving moving come next summer, it's going to be a Hewes Redfisher prolly about 21' ideally or a 22' Imensa Panga.
Wish I knew now for sure, got a good line on a 22' demo Panga for $22,000 with lots of electronics. My luck if I bought it would I'd end up where I can't fish it the way I'd like and would still want a pure flats unit like a Redfisher.

Bagger out...

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=329272#p329272 said:
Badbagger » Today, 15:09[/url]"]Just an update that I forgot to post. Finally got a WOT speed. Boat goes along really well and my best WOT run is 56 mph clocked on 2 GPS units and my phone. Too dang fast to enjoy it lol. My "speed demon" days are over but had to try it out. Planning the next boat and depending where we end moving moving come next summer, it's going to be a Hewes Redfisher prolly about 21' ideally or a 22' Imensa Panga.
Wish I knew now for sure, got a good line on a 22' demo Panga for $22,000 with lots of electronics. My luck if I bought it would I'd end up where I can't fish it the way I'd like and would still want a pure flats unit like a Redfisher.

Bagger out...

Only 56. I think I got you beet. :LOL2:

Just wait until you know were you're going, you know there's always deals out there. I remember the Panga's when they first came out. Proven hull for sure they just look a little funny. There is an outside chance I might be moving to the west coat in a year or so, we'll see.

Panga all the way BB.....if your talking this area. They are both very nice boats, but around here you could take that panga offshore on a calm day. I would have a problem taking the hewes anywhere off the beaches around Tampa Bay. The pangas look clunky but they are very dry and can take some heavy chop. Just my two cents.

Hey thanks Kevin. What model and size is your Hewes ? I saw pics of a Maverick Master Angler 21, front deck looks like a landing strip from an aircraft carrier :mrgreen: Sucker is HUGE. Yep, Panga's are an awesome do all boat even on the flats. Not much fun to pole but they'll get skinny.