Badbaggers SeaArk 1872 Modification & Restoration Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
arrrrrggggg your killing us......but I understand about the finals thing, My future bride is in her preceptor-ship for her RN program.....only 14 more weeks and she will take the board. I will not be able to retire yet, but she owes me bigtime. I love those blue seas circut breakers. They make life so much easier. Meanwhile, standing by........ :popcorn:

Just received this pic with the console in. It's completely done and if they have a few minutes they're going to roll it out in daylight and snap a few more for me.

It's been a JOB.

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 716
bigwave said:
arrrrrggggg your killing us......but I understand about the finals thing, My future bride is in her preceptor-ship for her RN program.....only 14 more weeks and she will take the board. I will not be able to retire yet, but she owes me bigtime. I love those blue seas circut breakers. They make life so much easier. Meanwhile, standing by........ :popcorn:

More pics to follow either later today or tomorrow. One more week till her finals. The FSU COM is no joke lol. She's been doing a research paper with 9 questions and multiple parts per question. After 16 hours, she's got 12 type written pages all single spaced and she's halfway through the questions. That is for ONE class. Sunday she starts on a paper due on Wednesday that's got to be at a minimum 10 typewritten pages single spaced.

Once these things are done, then she hits the books for her finals which are the following week. She eats, breaths and lives studying :shock:

She gradumacates next May and then to work at she'll start on her PhD.

Oh happy day

Bro I’m sure I’ve said this before but I’ll say it again,

The ribs look so freaking cool. Adds to the persona of what she is, a bad *** tank of a flats boat. I’m sure you’re glad you decided not to cover them.
She is really looking sweet. =D>

Trying to make some headway on mine this weekend.

Tell her to get a job before she gets her doctorate! Lol.

I worked with a guy once that taught at the college he was going to for free tuition, he had his masters and was working on his phd. Something to think about!

Looks sweeeeeeeeeeeet. I'm with Dave, cool ribs!

Thanks and OH yes, she's going to be working next May which is when I RETIRE and take up fishing full time and I'll still keep on with my own business as a PI.

Drum roll

and now I present to you (sorry name not released quite yet) [-X

She's 100% done and ready for pick up. I just received these photos. Now it's my turn to go to work :mrgreen:

My hats off to Brian & crew at Sarasota Linex - These guys are awesome & know what they're doing.

Attachments

• bweb.jpg
    bweb.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 617
  • aweb.jpg
    aweb.jpg
    435.2 KB · Views: 617
  • dweb.jpg
    dweb.jpg
    483.4 KB · Views: 617
  • cweb.jpg
    cweb.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 617
WOW :shock: I am glad you picked black for the bimini, I love the contrast of it, and the rails too. Hurry up and go get that thing.

Thanks Kevin, yeppers it had to be black. Some may disagree but I also had it made 6" taller than a standard bimini to allow me to stand on the rear deck when the top is up. Doing this also allows more airflow so the heat won't be any worse than a t-top.

I read this whole thread last night while bored at work! You have done an awesome job. I decided to use my first post on complimenting someobe I thought was worthy, and you are the lucky winner. I like how you didn't take any shortcuts either. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Mike, I'm flattered and I do not believe in taking short cuts. I've done my share of boats and built a ton of custom Harley Davidsons and my motto is "do it once and do it right". I've still got a LOT more work to do and I'll be making the run to pick her up towards the middle to the end of the week.

So now comes the mystery. The boat came with a seat which is mobile and you can pretty much move it around the boat as you see fit. It also came with a "thing a ma bob" which is in the photos below. It matches the seat and ALMOST would look like something that you wrap around the CC and secure it with straps. The chap who owned the boat passed away so I'm not likely to get answers from him :roll: The son in law who sold me the boat didn't have a clue. Photos attached, what say you?

It's the piece standing leaning on the wife's Highlander.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20130421_155110.jpg
    20130421_155110.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 725
  • 20130421_155129.jpg
    20130421_155129.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 725
  • 20130421_155214.jpg
    20130421_155214.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 725
Hey Dave, going to toss that sucker in the trash lmao and thanks for the compliments. Still a LOT of work to do.

Latest posts