Battery Box for Lawn Battery

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrNip

Reaction score
What do you guys use for a battery box/tray for a lawn mower 12v battery? Finding one for my trolling battery was a breeze but am having problems finding a small one for the tractor battery. Should I just get a bigger battery box for it or do I even need one at all? Would really hate to not have one and some how it spill in my boat. Thanks.

I would build one from aluminum before wood. Just trying to avoid that.

For a sec I thought you were leading me to batteries. I managed to find what you were talking about though. Perfect! Thanks.

https://www.batterymart.com/p-group-u1-battery-box.html

You might could find a container at Walmart or Dollar General Store. I got a storage tub with a lid at Dollar General to make a live well out of. Paid $5.00 for it.

Out of curiosity, is the battery for your boat? And if so what for? I just saw a sale on those batteries and am trying to think if I will need one

I have one for the starting battery on a '73 40HP Mercury 402.
The OP says it's for a tractor.

I've thought of using one for my running lights. Going all led.

Here is the battery I purchased. It will be used for staring the motor, fish finder and livewell pump.

photo.jpg

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=344130#p344130 said:
outdoorgunz » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:16 am[/url]"]Any idea how long a battery of that size can power those electronics?

The U-1 is not a deep cycle battery so if the livewell/lights and FF run it down too far too many times, it will die an early death, but at $25-30, eh, so what. It will last a year w/o issue imo, buy another one next spring. A cost of the habit, how much does one spend on gas just getting to the lake towing our toys, etc. :LOL2:

Yeah at $30 after taxes and reading about people using them for this purpose I said what the heck. If it doesn't work out, I'll get something else next year. It is also a light battery. Just trying to figure out if I need to get a 1 or 2 bank onboard charger. I have a charger I use for my tractor and was just thinking it would work on this U1 battery and then save money and go with the 1 bank charger on my deep cell. I will have a 25 HP with charging capability hooked up to the U1 but don't know how well it will charge. Guess that depends on how much I use the motor. Thoughts anyone?

Latest posts