Battery Problem, Exchange, Warranty - UPDATE

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.mkbattery.com/content_container.php?page=downloads-and-technical-reference
Here is the website of the SLA batteries that I currently use in my boat. If you look at the "battery care and maintenance guide" link they give some tips on storage and charging. I like using the Sealed Lead Acid batteries because you get the same performance as a lead acid deep cycle with no leaking or water checking. I work for a wheelchair vendor that as been using this manufacture of batteries for years with very little problems.
Power wheelchairs could be comparable to a trolling motor in the manner of current draw even though a wheelchair can sometimes draw up 80 amps. Normal current draw is approximately 10 amps after start up. These batteries last sometimes longer than five years with being charged nightly or every other night. They biggest thing that kills a battery is lack of charging. lead acid batteries do NOT like sitting in a partial charge. It will shorten the life of the battery.
I personally store my batteries out of my boat and I charge them almost immediately when I get back from fishing. I also charge them every week or so with a "float" stlye charger (1.5amps). Its alot of work but my batteries are over three years old and were pulled from a wheelchair because the client wanted new batteries. Sorry for being long winded and I hope this helps a little bit.

Latest posts