beer can patch

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbhansford

Reaction score
Question if i have a couple small spots on the bottom of the jon boat jon boat that have pin holes from abuse and oxidization would a good course of attack be sanding well, marine-texing, and laying a thin 2"x2" patch by way of aluminum can over area, and then another skim layer of marine-tex? Though it might beef it up a hair. opinions please.

Aluminum cans sure are thin. I wouldnt think that would beef up much of anything. Personally, I would look for a TIG welder in your area. I had to have my rear corner supports welded back on anyhow from when I replaced my transom so I located every little hole and crack or anything else I could find wrong and had it all welded while I was there. If i rememeber correctly, the guy worked on my boat for about 2 hours and charged me 70 bucks. Well worth it to have those little cracks and pinholes permanantly fixed IMO.

I am not just drinking beer, I am making boat patches! :LOL2:

Drink a beer, order some HTS200, drink more beer until shipment arrives, sand and clean area well, use HTS2000 to make repair, drink more beer in celebration of your accomplishment.
Cracks and pinhole repair starts at 2:56
https://youtu.be/do2zYHwp78Y

Latest posts