Bench depth

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spes

Reaction score
I am redoing the deck on my tin. I am thinking of building the bench across the stern so I can add a slider G5. I want to keep as much floor space as I can between theG5 and the middle bench. My question is what is the minimum people build that back benches depth to? The tiller h
andle extends 24" forward of the transom. Do people sit inside of the tiller length or outside of

it?

If I'm reading your questions right, I would say outside of the length so that you are able to position the motor in whatever direction you need. If you sit inside of the tiller, your body would block the motors' ability to be turned.

Yes, the motor would be blocked a little where I want to set it up at.
But sitting off center I rarely have to turn the boat hard over in that direction. And if I really needed to I could raise the tiller handle to make the maneuver in a pinch.
I am almost thinking of just going with the side bench arrangement.

Sounds like you got it figured out! Make it happen. Those sliders look sweet, unfortunately it wouldn't work on my boat. I asked if I could get one cut to size but was told they were only available in the two different sizes. Gook luck with your project.

Latest posts