Berkley Lightning rod Shock. WITH PICS

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salmon_Slayer_2008_Lund

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking into a new Lightning rod Shock and looking to get it either 6'6" or 7' MH casting. I can get it for $42. Read some great reviews about it. Wondering what is you guys input on the rod?

Thanks alot
Slayer

I've never used one, but for those applications, I would go with the 7'. So how are you liking that soron by the way. I wasn't overly impressed with mine at first, but the more I used it the more I fell in love with it. It's definately my favorite reel now.

angry Bob said:
I've never used one, but for those applications, I would go with the 7'. So how are you liking that soron by the way. I wasn't overly impressed with mine at first, but the more I used it the more I fell in love with it. It's definately my favorite reel now.

The Soron is great. It is very smooth and I can feel the torque in every handle turn. The "Superline Spool" does work. I been throwing mainly light cranks for walleye.

Ok so I bought the rod. 6'6" MH. It has a strong backbone but the tip has a nice softness to it. It is very light. I put my Quantum Code baitcaster on it with 30lb Stren Superbraid.

Here is some pics.

imgp4225.jpg

imgp4230.jpg

imgp4231g.jpg

imgp4232.jpg

imgp4233.jpg

Sweet...like I said good set up..I got one those code reels myself excellent reel for the price...I use mine for buzzbaits werks real good...JIGGY

Sweet outfit...I have one those Code reels myself I use it mainly for Buzzbaits and Flipping Its a really good reel for the price....JIGGY

so are you gonna spill the beans as to where you got it so cheap? I was looking at these last summer and forgot about them.. for under 50 bucks I'll be buying a few 8)

dyeguy1212 said:
so are you gonna spill the beans as to where you got it so cheap? I was looking at these last summer and forgot about them.. for under 50 bucks I'll be buying a few 8)

Sorry for late reply. I haven't been on in a while due to illness and other crap going on in my life lol. But I am here now. The store I got it at is a chain of stores here in Ontario, Canada called Le Baron.