Berkley Sabertail Bug

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks JimmyT (aka Jim) got my package yesterday. I will T-Rig them 1st and see how that works. I think I fish them like a kreature bait

Got mine yesterday. I'm going try rigging them on a spot remover jig head or a football jig head at first. I'll see how that goes.

yeppie!!! i got mine today, just in time for my next tournament this Sunday. I am thinking about using them as a jig trailer and I will have one tied on a shakey head jig they should get a good work out this weekend!!
Thanks jimmy

this is a great perk of this site..

Wayne

Ps I also got my lucky craft pointer thanks again

Got ours!! I have tried mine twice so far. First time I T-rigged them and the second time I used a one with a spot remover jig head. Both times with no results :?

Red bug has a good idea ,
I am thinking about using them as a jig trailer and I will have one tied on a shakey head jig

I also have noticed that the fishing at the local honey hole has been a little slow. Yea I have been catching fish there but it has been a work out to get them. Then again that is fishing 8) I am hoping to hit a different watering hole this weekend. just got these and there is plenty more time and ways that I plan on trying these as well as retrying the ways I already mentioned. :mrgreen:

fishnfever

just got mine today along with my prizes from making the 2000th post. they look awesome and i plan on fishing them t rigged with a bullet weight and on a jig head weedless. i also got a td popper zero which looks awesome and i am sure it will catch plenty here. this came just in time seeing as how last time i was out on lake kaweah, i lost my rico popper. another prize i got was the lake fork live magic shad. these are the right color for my area as well. man im gonna have a blast and i will post all pics of the fish they catch.

I got mine yesterday. The first thing I thought when I looked at them, was shakyhead. Now, just to work out some time on the lake. :?

First early report:
I used the "Sabertail Bug" in the bruise color yesterday during a tournament. I fished it in the spots that i know hold fish. I caught 3 keepers in these spots on other lures.
I found the lure had a nice feel not too soft and the color was good and had a strong scent.
The action was good but no matter how much i tried i could not get the action that the video had. I will keep trying the bait because I know it will catch fish Berkley makes some great productive baits.
I did manage to catch a 15lb snapper on the bait
Thanks again for giving the opportunity to review this bait
more to come

Wayne

I had about the sam eresult sas Redbug with my Black Sabertail lure. I fished it weightless T-Rigged in a spot that I was catching LM Bass consistently with a 5" PC Baits Coffee Worm. They were not interested AT ALL in the Berkly Product. Switched back and hook another LM Bass.

tried it with a bullet weight for Smallies - again, nothing. Switched to a 4" Yum Dinger and nailed several Small Mouth bass.

I will give it another try on a shakey head - but I am quickly loosing confidence in this bait.

Looks great - smells bad and the fish seem to ignore it

Thanks for the updates! Im heading to the cape this weekend for a couple of days with the family. I am going to shore fish 2-3 local kettle ponds. I am only bringing things that I dont use normally. One of them is going to be this sabertail bug. I am looking forward to trying them myself. I am starting to wonder if the Japanese version of this bait (the one in the video) is different than the Amercian Version. It is isnteresting that you could not reproduce it's action.

Thanks, This is awesome. :D

We'll so far I have to report nothing good. I went fishing for a couple of hours saturday and sunday. I tied on a Sabertail bug (junebug candy) texas style with a small tungsten wait. And I cast it for over 2 hours with just 1 measly bite that caught me off guard. I was so used to not feeling anything, when it happened I FLAKED.

The one thing I can say about these baits is that they are very durable. I only tied one on the whole weekend. I cast it, got it caught in the trees and it held up. Big deal though when I cant produce a fish.

I was able to mimic the action seen in the video. I am going to buy some in different colors to try, Because this bait should work. LOL!

I will keep you updated with what else I see/find.

0 for 3 on the reports so far but from the sound of it the bait is doing what it was designed to do.. catch fisherman... Jim is buying more LOL

Still trying to get on the water. My boat has the easiest year of any I know. It never gets used. :cry: :cry:
Even so, this time of year, in my neck of the woods, the only thing they will eat are topwaters, dropshots, and spinnerbaits. Can't see puttin' this thang on a drop shot. I promise, this will get used though.
BTW, these things smell like broiled dog sh!t. Can't wait to use them up and get them out of my room. :?

bassboy1 said:
Still trying to get on the water. My boat has the easiest year of any I know. It never gets used. :cry: :cry:
Even so, this time of year, in my neck of the woods, the only thing they will eat are topwaters, dropshots, and spinnerbaits. Can't see puttin' this thang on a drop shot. I promise, this will get used though.
BTW, these things smell like broiled dog sh!t. Can't wait to use them up and get them out of my room. :?

Dont worry about it, there is no "Real" time limit. So far its a crappy bait LOL!

Jim

/quote]

Dont worry about it, there is no "Real" time limit. So far its a crappy bait LOL!

Jim[/quote]

you've caught a crappie with i better than me

With the current results from people, and how they smell, I think the best bet would be to put it on a big ole hook, and let it sit on the bottom, and catch a catfish or carp.

Latest posts