bigger bow eye for trailering???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blake

Reaction score
on my alumacraft, the bow eye hole is too small for the trailer winch hook to go all the way into it, and it side loads the hook and gets the boat off center on the trailer. any clever ways to solve this? i'd bore the hole out, but it would take a giant drill bit.

I had that problem with mine also. Get a threaded chain link loop at hardware store. It's for joining two chain link loops together. Problem solved!

I like the chain link threaded coupler idea, probably gonna need a fairly big one. There is more strain on those bow eyes than most people think. So I don't think you should grind anything down.
Tim

If they are not fitting together I would suspect that one of them is the wrong item for the intended purpose. If you could post a picture of the eye and hook, it would help in trying to give you the correct solution.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=319963#p319963 said:
ckr74 » Today, 09:43[/url]"]I had that problem with mine also. Get a threaded chain link loop at hardware store. It's for joining two chain link loops together. Problem solved!

I put a smaller HD hook, with an eye on one end and a swivel, onto the larger hook. So far so good!
Don't know what size bow eye you have, but if it's too small for a fairly strong hook, I'd also consider the threaded chain link loop, or maby a clevis.