Bimini question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$600 for a bimini top! :shock:

It better be stainless and covered with Louis Vuitton leather.

This is my answer for a top and sleeper. The inconvenience while fishing for a couple hours is offset even more by the shade and sleeping enclosure at 2 AM in the pouring rain. A few sticks of 3/4" conduit, a $7 conduit bender, a couple hundred snaps, and you are good to go. Oh yes, and it keeps the skeeters out as well!

Attachments

• Lowe1.jpg
    Lowe1.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 316
  • Lowe.jpg
    Lowe.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 316
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    394 KB · Views: 304
PATRIOT2 said:
This is my answer for a top and sleeper. The inconvenience while fishing for a couple hours is offset even more by the shade and sleeping enclosure at 2 AM in the pouring rain. A few sticks of 3/4" conduit, a $7 conduit bender, a couple hundred snaps, and you are good to go. Oh yes, and it keeps the skeeters out as well!

Very nice!

hkmp5s said:
$600 for a bimini top! :shock:

It better be stainless and covered with Louis Vuitton leather.

Maybe the guy was blowin' smoke...
I dunno.
He makes tops for 550.00...either way, I don't think 345.00 is bad for a 6'5" bimini in new condition.

PATRIOT2 said:
that's awesome. do you think you could post a picture of two of the inside? I am interested in how you have set it up for sleeping.

Thanks

Just returned from a few days on the river. This is how she looks in "sleeping mode".

Attachments

• LoweSleeper.jpg
    LoweSleeper.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 341
  • LoweSleeper1.jpg
    LoweSleeper1.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 341
  • WillowBeach.jpg
    WillowBeach.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 339
  • BlackCanyon.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 57
PATRIOT2 said:
Just returned from a few days on the river.

If that is Willow Beach, it sure looks different now. Haven't been there for a couple of years now but last time they only stocked one ramp by the hatchery and not by the boat docks. The store owner actually moved from Orange County in So. Cal to Arizona to take over that store. They said that the campgrounds were scheduled to be reopened.

Nice sleeper!

PATRIOT2 said:
Just returned from a few days on the river. This is how she looks in "sleeping mode".
that looks very comfy! it must be nice to have an extra hour or two per day for fishing, since you don't have to pitch a tent or anything. well done.

nomowork said:
PATRIOT2 said:
Just returned from a few days on the river.

If that is Willow Beach, it sure looks different now. Haven't been there for a couple of years now but last time they only stocked one ramp by the hatchery and not by the boat docks. The store owner actually moved from Orange County in So. Cal to Arizona to take over that store. They said that the campgrounds were scheduled to be reopened.

Nice sleeper!

Thanks. It really gets the job done. They are just finishing up the multi-million dollar upgrade to Willow Beach (your tax dollars at work) with the new store, campground on the hill, etc. It is a "No Fee" area right now but according to park service personel (off the record) they are going to start charging in hopes of keeping a certain ethnic group from trashing the area like they used to do at Cottonwood Cove before a fee was initiated.

MDFisherman57 said:
Where did you buy the vinyl fabric?
Purchased all the snaps and fabric from a supply house that caters to professional upholsterers. They even sold the Thompson Mini-Walking Foot semi-industrial sewing machine I used to stitch up everything. The top and all my 3 bench covers are made from a material like waterproof canvas. The side screens are open weave to keep out the bugs at night and provide sun protection during the day. I can see out thru the screens and sometimes on frosty mornings I will run with all four sides in place.

Attachments

• ThompsonMiniWalkingFoot301.jpg
    ThompsonMiniWalkingFoot301.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 279