Bluegill Fishings

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quackrstackr said:
The fish in your photo is a redear, aka shellcracker. They are a slightly different beast than your run of the mill bluegill and get substantially bigger.

Thanks man, i had no idea. I knew it looked a little funny. We just call those bream in Alabama. I had heard of redear before, and I wondered about that after seeing the red ears or whatever those things are. I just bass fish, I dont know much about panfish except what Ive picked up from my dad over the years. Now I can correct him :D

nathanielrthomas said:
Quackrstackr said:
The fish in your photo is a redear, aka shellcracker. They are a slightly different beast than your run of the mill bluegill and get substantially bigger.

Thanks man, i had no idea. I knew it looked a little funny. We just call those bream in Alabama. I had heard of redear before, and I wondered about that after seeing the red ears or whatever those things are. I just bass fish, I dont know much about panfish except what Ive picked up from my dad over the years. Now I can correct him :D

I have a few honey holes that are full of nothing but redear and pumpkin seeds. Keep the ones that are at least 8", good eaten :mrgreen: