boat issues & pond action

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gamefisher

Reaction score
I had the day completely free and open for the first time in a long time, and figured on spending most of it on lake Galena. However my boat had other plans. The good news is I finally got to try the bow-mount troller I installed over the winter, and it worked excellent! Even with the high wind today I was able to maneuver better. The bad news was it sprung a pretty bad leak, so I quit after only 45 minutes.

I went home, picked up some materials, and patched up the hole. I left it to dry, and went to see if pond largemouth were hitting.

When I got to the pond, right away, I saw several big female bass hanging in the shallows. Spawning time here in PA. They had made their beds and were guarding them. I left them alone and fished around some trees and and alge with soft plastics. The small bass were very aggressive and hitting like crazy. I caught about 5, missed a few more, and broke off one in some branches in the course of a couple hours.

Here I am with the biggest, trying to look cool. By the way, all the fish were on Esquired's custom worms!

Attachments

• Today 009.jpg
    Today 009.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 141
Glad you got her patched up, is she water worthy now? Way to salvage your day, glad you hear you left the females alone to do their thing =D>. I know some people would be on the beds in a hearbeat.

shamoo said:
Glad you got her patched up, is she water worthy now? Way to salvage your day, glad you hear you left the females alone to do their thing =D>. I know some people would be on the beds in a hearbeat.

I think so. I have to patch it on a regular basis, this is getting old.
That is one thing that really bugs me about the pros and TV hosts. They go right for bedding bass. It's an easy target.