Boiling soft plastics??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njTom

Reaction score
I read on the internet that boiling plastics makes them softer! Does anyone know if this is true? Any pros or cons on doing this?

Boiling soft plastics for a minute or so will relax the plastic and make them softer, for how long they will stay softer im not sure tho. This is also a great way to fix deformed baits, just boil em up and lay them out straight on a cookie sheet to dry

BassAddict said:
Boiling soft plastics for a minute or so will relax the plastic and make them softer, for how long they will stay softer im not sure tho. This is also a great way to fix deformed baits, just boil em up and lay them out straight on a cookie sheet to dry

You mean like those ones that have been in my tackle box so long they've got a permanent kink in them? Awesome! I'll have to try this.

I prefer to leave them in the package and throw them on my dash. Makes sure that newfangled powerbait or f2 doesnt get lost in the boiling water.

I know there is a DE River charter Capt. who boils all of his Mr. Twister stuff for winter Walleye = I think it might make them softer because it does get some water into the baits