Bow mounted trolling motor Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KerryG

Reaction score
My 2010 Alumacraft has got me puzzled with the small front deck I built for the bow. I am mounting 3 2x4s on the bowstep then my plywood will attach to that, my question is how can i mount the plywood without screwing through the carpet??? If I go ahead and screw the plywood down on the 2x4s I won't be able to get the carpet around it and won't be able to secure it to the boat. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I believe if you screw the screws down far enough the carpet will hide them.

That's what I was concerned I bought the indoor/outdoor carpet from Lowes that most use and its pretty thin, guess I will find some stainless screws tomorrow and just screw through the carpet just trying to avoid that, but seems like my only option

That's what I did. The screws are fairly concealed but noticeable if you look for them. I'll try and get some better pictures tonight to show you how mine look. I used deck screws though so they sink in pretty well. If you zoom in on my picture you can see one on the far left.

Attachments

• BOWMOTER1.jpg
    BOWMOTER1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 522