brackets for decking

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joho5

Reaction score
what brackets do you guys use? is it just L brackets or a U shaped bracket. Im talking about connecting all the supports under the casting decks.

thanks

i think most of the ppl use. thompson strong ties. i think u can get them at Home Depot.

Simpson Strong-Ties (available at Lowes or Home Depot). That is what most have used to connect the wood framing. You can use it to connect to the boat but you would want to isolate the aluminum from the bracket with nylon washers or something because galvanized metal and aluminum don't like each other.

Ouachita said:
Simpson Strong-Ties (available at Lowes or Home Depot). That is what most have used to connect the wood framing. You can use it to connect to the boat but you would want to isolate the aluminum from the bracket with nylon washers or something because galvanized metal and aluminum don't like each other.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: haha. i didnt know.. i havent even got my boat ready yet. been gettin stuff for my jeep. :LOL2:

Latest posts