BYOB lures

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cavman138

Reaction score
Look what showed up in my mailbox today. Well I haven't tried them out yet, but they are definitely some great looking lures. Thanks Matt.

Attachments

• P41200092.jpg
    P41200092.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,582
  • P41200082.jpg
    P41200082.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 1,582
I love the looks of the top bait, have you fished this style of crank bait yet?

I take it, that you designed the lure yourself on the BYOB site, right.

AWESOME COLOR SCHEME, AND PAINT JOB !!!! =D>

Hey Matt,

What is the running depth of the crank in the top pic?

Thanks.
Terry Lee

HAWGHUNNA said:
Hey Matt,

What is the running depth of the crank in the top pic?

Thanks.
Terry Lee

That's actually the circuit board diver, and it runs 7'.

The other one, with the clear lip, runs 6-8'.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt, you got the circuit boards on the site, maybe i am blind, I am gonna stick the one in the mail tomorrow, I am waiting on 2 more well do them later... :) See how this one goes first... :)

Bugpac said:
Matt, you got the circuit boards on the site, maybe i am blind, I am gonna stick the one in the mail tomorrow, I am waiting on 2 more well do them later... :) See how this one goes first... :)

Yeah, Russ was right. They are labled the Medium Diver on the site...It's the one right in the middle. Sorry about that. You would think I'd know my own product line a little better!! hahahaha But it does run 7' deep. Thats a misprint. I'll let the website guy know to fix it.

Can't wait to get the lures! I'll post some pics of the progress, if you don't mind.

MAtt

Hey Matt,

How do customers go about ordering some baits with your color schemes, such as the blue gill in the above pics?

I could not figure it out on your site.

And, do you build a flat bait like the one with the circuit board lip, that only runs 2 to 4 feet?

HAWGHUNNA said:
Hey Matt,

How do customers go about ordering some baits with your color schemes, such as the blue gill in the above pics?

I could not figure it out on your site.

And, do you build a flat bait like the one with the circuit board lip, that only runs 2 to 4 feet?

What I've done lately as an experiment is to trim the bill down on the circuit board lure to get it to run shallower. I haven't tested it yet, though.

If you want to order any of my "Stock" patterns like the bluegill, just send me a PM.

Matt

I will be gettin' a few from ya soon.

What type of wood is the crank in the top pic cut from?

Do you have a basic color chart?

HAWGHUNNA said:
I will be gettin' a few from ya soon.

What type of wood is the crank in the top pic cut from?

Do you have a basic color chart?

They're all plastic bodies. The only wood ones I paint are the Don Minkler lures with the Internal Spinner.

The color chart is on the website. I tried to post a picture of it but for some reason it errored out. Just go to the custom order page, and click on Back Color. That shows all of my colors.

Thanks,

Matt

Just received a couple of these in the mail today. Very cool, the pictures don't do them justice!

2010-10-1-byob-1.jpg.JPG

2010-10-1-byob-3.jpg.JPG

Jim said:
Are those repaints or ones you are selling?

Not repaints, I beleive he calls it his "bluegill pattern". There's also a picture of it on his website. This is what he won the tinboat's Illinois fishing contest with. I can see why now :wink:

Can't wait to get them in the water!

Yep, that's the ol' reliable bluegill fat shad! Mine is a little more beat up...but it's caught about 100 fish this summer...

DSCF7003.JPG

Good luck with it! It's been a great lure for me. Let us know how it does for you.

Matt

I may be missing it,but it would be very helpful ,if you had a list of your complete patterns,such as "bluegill" or "baby bass",on the website.I want to order some but would rather have one those type preset patterns than making my design.
Excellent looking lures BTW.

DanD