carpet

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheephead007

Reaction score
i replaced the aluminum om my middle bench,can i glue the carpet directly to the new aluminum?

sure can! But if you plan on putting a swivel seat there, i recommend covering the bench with some carpet covered plywood and mounting your seat to that:

392441822.jpg

2011-03-20170014-1.jpg

I know there has been much talk about the exact glue to use on new alum. but I cannot find it to know what I should get... Just put a new rear deck on my boat and used 1/8" alum. sheeting. Now I need to glue some rubber back open weave carpet onto it and need to find the right glue. I need help to get this right.
thanks in advance.

Go to Lowes, in the paint department, they have Contact cement in Gallon containers. get that

070798002739lg.jpg

I also got my rubberbacked marine carpet there. I have no problems with hooks attaching to it:

391996792.jpg

391996795.jpg

dixie_boysles said:
sure can! But if you plan on putting a swivel seat there, i recommend covering the bench with some carpet covered plywood and mounting your seat to that:

That grey finish looks really nice on your jon. What kind of paint did you use? What did you use to fill the gap between flooring and sides?