casting deck on a 10' jon boat? of coarse i did!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muskymaniac

Reaction score
size isnt everything people...

Attachments

• jon boat mod.jpg
    jon boat mod.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 3,160
  • jon boat 2.jpg
    jon boat 2.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 3,156
  • jon boat 3.jpg
    jon boat 3.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 3,156
All kidding aside it looks nice.

You really need to think about installing a white cupholder in the front just for the hell of it.

say what?! that cant be stable can it? i know my ten footer isnt stable what so ever and thats when im only standing in the floor. i cant imagine standing on a deck

Maybe he likes swimming. :lol:

I have spent hundreds of hours fishing from a 10 foot jon boat and been swimming from it a few times.... without the deck.

to all who said it could not be done, take this 44" musky caught in a figure 8 earlier today. It was caught by my good friend who was standing on the casting deck with no problem and even was able to lean over the side to do the figure 8 and to release the fish unharmed :p

Attachments

• musky.jpg
    musky.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 2,875
No one said it can't be done... they just said it shouldn't be.

Similar to when Homer lost his license and had to drive, and Lisa said "Dad, you don't have your license, you can't drive!" and Homer replied with "We'll have to try anyway!" and turned the key in the car. When the motor started, he couldn't believe it, screaming "IT WORKED!"

Just wear your PFD.

Then why is he kneeling for the grip 'n grin? :lol:

Like I said, I've spent literally hundreds of hours in a 10' jon... I know how stable they are. :mrgreen:

That deck is insane :shock: Looks more like a diving platform then a casting deck. There is no way I'd be able to balance on that, cast, bend down and retrieve a fish. I'd use it as a diving platform for sure :LOL2:

had one similiar but mine was a 12ft.had a deck up front and fishing and swimming from it was awesome.Then one day my lower back started hurting and i gave up that little guy.but i remember sitting on top of large mouth and they didnt even spook,even after my lure hit those beds.

Quackrstackr said:
Maybe he likes swimming. :lol:

I have spent hundreds of hours fishing from a 10 foot jon boat and been swimming from it a few times.... without the deck.

=D> yep, and I still have one, and I have been swimming from it to, and I sure dont have the deck!! :shock:

Hey nice boat. I just bought a 12 foot and i was trying to think how i can add a deck on the front and i seen yours and now i know what to do. Thanks for posting it. It will help me out alot.

Latest posts