Cavitation on top end

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a little heat and the old impeller came right off. Here's a picture of the damage.

When I swapped to the mercury stainless prop I didn't realize that it used a square key so it was anti-climatic when I got it on and realized that the Yamaha round key wouldn't fit. square key is on the way.

Attachments

• impeller.JPG
    impeller.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,194
I don't think that qualifies as a hole :lol: That's a chunk. lol Glad to hear you got it off, let us know how it runs.

Finally got a chance to run the boat this weekend with the new impeller and liner. MUCH BETTER! No more cavitation on top end!

With me, my lab, fishing tackle and a cooler of beer we topped out at 24 MPH. If I remember correctly this is the same speed I ran with the original impeller when the engine was new. Noticeable difference on hole-shot. The boat has never had an issue getting on plane, but now it is instantly on plane.

It may just be me but it seems like the new impeller gives more lift on the transom. the spray line seemed a foot or two closer to the bow of the boat at WOT.

Latest posts